Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic lighting layer - can't select vertical lines

I often have this issue. I'll draw all of my lines for the Dynamic lighting layer and then decide to change one of them. I can't click on most of the vertical lines I've drawn with the polygon or square drawing tool.  Ive refreshed, tried different browsers, zoomed all the way in and still can't select most of the vertical lines in my map. Even if I try to click and drag to get all of the lines, most still aren't being selected. It's annoying because I don't want to have to start a whole new map.  In this example I can't select the vertical line on the left but can select the horizontal line above it:
Gid
Roll20 Team
Bardus Maximus, what line width do you commonly use for drawing Dynamic Lighting? Some users have reported having issues selecting lines drawn when using the "thin" line weight setting.
Kristin C. said: Bardus Maximus, what line width do you commonly use for drawing Dynamic Lighting? Some users have reported having issues selecting lines drawn when using the "thin" line weight setting. It's almost always an issue with the thin lines. If I use the shape tool I don't usually have the problem.
I'll take it this is a "feature"
Gid
Roll20 Team
My apologies on this, Bardus, I got backlogged and then got sick after-the-fact. This seems to be an issue with the "Thin" line weight and vertical lines specifically. This isn't even exclusive to dynamic lighting, but any time you use the polygon drawing tools. I've made a bug report on this.
Kristin C. said: My apologies on this, Bardus, I got backlogged and then got sick after-the-fact. This seems to be an issue with the "Thin" line weight and vertical lines specifically. This isn't even exclusive to dynamic lighting, but any time you use the polygon drawing tools. I've made a bug report on this. Awwww, hope you feel better! Thanks for filing a bug. 
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thanks and you're welcome. In the meantime, my recommended workaround is to avoid using the "Thin" line weight for your drawings. If you use any other other line weight you should still be able to select your vertical lines.