Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Zooming in Firefox breaks Fog of war

Tonight, one of my players was goofing off with the drawing tools during some downtime, and he discovered that if he zoomed in to 150% it reset his camera, and the fog of war disappeared for him. He was using Firefox at the time. If you need more details, let me know and I'll get them from him. He said that refreshing the page corrected the problem, but he was able to reproduce it by zooming in again. My other players were using Chrome, and were unable to reproduce the issue. (I tried as well. I tried this myself using Firefox 11.0 and was unable to do it. Updated to FF 12.0 and still couldn't reproduce it. Not sure what kind of stats you'd like me to try and get from him to try and figure this out.
Do you think he was zooming using the in-game zooming tool or using Firefox built in zoom?
I'm almost certain he was using the in-game tool, but I'll fire off an email to confirm.
Hokay, I heard back. Yes to in-game zoom Firefox 12.0 Firebug and Adblocker Plus addons Win7-64 bit i7 - 870 (2.93) 8 gigs of ram, GeForce GTX 470 DirectX 11 installed Also, apparently I fail at listening, because there were two people in my game last night who could reproduce. We just did another test, and it broke again exactly the same as it did last night. This time, when he refreshed the page, he got the following error: ( although, I'm not convinced the two are related Error 503 Service Unavailable Service Unavailable Guru Meditation: XID: 218254342 Varnish cache server Testing myself at home, I was able to reproduce the bug. Firefox 12. I disabled all of my addons one by one, and even when all of them were disabled I was still able to break the fog. However, the plot thickens: It's not every page. I tried with four different pages in my primary campaign, and was only able to do it on one of the four pages. Campaign: Keep on the Shadowfell Pages tested: Shadowfell Keep L1 : Unable to break FoW Shadowfell Keep L2 : Able to break FoW ( <a href="http://youtu.be/TBaA4jlEdHY" rel="nofollow">http://youtu.be/TBaA4jlEdHY</a> ) Cathedral of Shadow: Unable to break FoW The Dead Walk: Unable to break FoW
Are the pages different sizes? I'm pretty sure this is directly related to the "making a page that's super large breaks the canvas tag" bug. I'm assuming that when FoW goes away, the grid goes away as well? Also the 503 error is a server-side error. There was a slight bit of downtime (less than 10 minutes) for a bug that I accidentally introduced during a quick hotfix...let me know if he's still seeing that error, but it shouldn't be happening right now. Usually if you see that I'm at my keyboard in a panic trying to fix it already :-)
No, the 503 was just for a few minutes during testing yesterday, that's why I assumed it was unrelated. That is my largest map (56x80) You're right. I never noticed before, but the grid does disappear as well. Of note is that I could only break it in Firefox, when I tried in Chrome, the camera jumped up to the same spot, but the fog & grid stayed intact.
Let me know if you/your players are still having this issue in the newest update.