Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Update] TurnMarker1 -- Now with GM activated Ping-Pulling

I thought tracker jacker was dead?  Or not functioning properly? I'm a fan of the second image above. For me I have 2 needs for the icon - something distinct (the orange circle is great) and something that's subtle, so it's there if you look for it but otherwise not obvious.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This isn't about TrackerJacker, it's TurnMarker1, which predates TrackerJacker.  TrackerJacker's author departed the Roll20 Community a while back.  The script still works and has some nice functionality, but isn't supported or updated by anyone.

Edited 1484845044
Correct.  Garret mentioned tracker jacker for condition tracking and I was surprised that he got it to work for what he needed.   Side note: I'd love to have condition tracking when you get time.  I realize you've got a new baby so that takes priority.  :)
Just for Giggles, here's a few custom marker icons I made. I occasionally also use these to designate tokens with spell effects such as fire-shield cloak of bravery etc. and link them to the base token. gives those spells a bit more RP flavor than simply turning on an aura
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
nice!  Thanks!
Elena, how do you link them to the base token?  Do you just group them?
Yep, sometimes it's a pain since some of my macros don't like to work with linked tokens. I'm just starting to get my feet wet with the API even though I've had a Pro account for several months, so maybe I'll find a better solution for that in the near future. Working mostly on automating as much of the game mechanics as possible. So far primarily with macros. I've gotten pretty comfortable with that, so now I have hair available to sacrifice digging into API stuff.
Silly question, i may have missed it... Is there a way to end combat with turn marker? ie clear turn order, close turn order and reset round count to 1
Zym
Sheet Author
Reset Round Count = Macro !tm reset
Ellena - Gotcha, thank you.  I'll have to tinker with that some more.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Also, if you're using GroupInitiative: !group-init --clear
Thats great thanks, i will write up a macro to do it, thanks guys

Edited 1486185717
Getting a funky error on this API Script.  Was working fine for a few weeks and now keeps crashing upon API restart. Version 1.3.7 TypeError: TurnMarker.DispatchInitiativePage is not a function TypeError: TurnMarker.DispatchInitiativePage is not a function at apiscript.js:9462:20 at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :65:16) at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :70:8) at checkForReady (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1298:12) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1378:9 at c (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:14:64) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400 EDIT:  I'm an idiot. Figured it out.  Mistakenly pasted 1.3.7 into TimeTracker.js not TurnTracker.js
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That is strange. Try disabling it and see if you get a different error somewhere else. There is something weird with the error reporting right now. 
I did a bad paste.  TimeTracker vs TurnTracker.  Sorry for wasting your time.  Had 2 different versions running simultaneously.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries!

Edited 1486858733
Zym
Sheet Author
I've had multiple issues today with the eot button not working for players. Them needing to refresh the page to get it working, but I am seeing no errors in the API Output Console. Sorry I can't be more specific, that's all I am working with. As far as I can see not all players are having the problem. Not sure if its because I keep refreshing the API, or because its an individuals software failure on their end.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
We had a similar occurrence in my Sunday game. I hesitate to say there is some intermittent instability in the API servers right now. If it happens again, see if they have errors in their JavaScript console. 
Zym
Sheet Author
No more issues with the eot. Just to clarify. Just that one day.
With using the Shaped sheet i cant seem to get PC in the turn order. I can with npcs. Not sure if i have a setting wrong some where.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I don't think that could possibly have anything to do with TurnMarker1?   How are you trying to add them?

Edited 1488297350
Just rolling initiative on the sheet works for npcs but not pcs.   i have tried to set to auto pull to all still no turn in turn order. I must be missing something/step some where.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That should have nothing to do with TurnMarker1.  Try disabling TurnMarker1 to be certain.  If that DOES fix it, then let me know and I'll try to figure out what is happening (at this point, I can't imagine...).  If that doesn't fix it, you'll probably need to start another thread where we can help you track it down (and get visibility from other people who might have an idea).
I  found the fix just in case this happens to others. Went into !shaped-config setting changed initiative tracker on and off. Then applied Token defaults. sorry for the mix up. I knew i was missing something somewhere.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries!  In the end, I just want everything to work for everyone. =D

Edited 1488392836
Zym
Sheet Author
This was working the other day but for some bizarre reason I click  !tm toggle-animations or any of the commands, and they turn on and then right of again. (or vice versa)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sounds like you have two copies running?
Zym
Sheet Author
Oh possibly. Thanks. Yup you're right. Set up new APIs due to some issues. Have a good day, sorry.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool!  Happy Rolling!
Sorry if this has been asked before, Does this script allow to add a target token to the tracker but not track a specific token on the map? On some occasions when there are a plethora of same named tokens, I would rather have them go in the same turn order instead of doing them one by one. Even the opposite of adding only one token to the tracker but putting the current turn marker on all same named tokens would be great.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I wrote a snippet for adding turns without tokens here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3954519/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3954519/</a> That will probably get what you want done?
I love this. There is one thing that I don't get at all: There is a phantom "Guard 4" displayed in Turn Order by TurnMarker. Ping-pulling gets me to an empty section of the map. The token is not in the turn order. TurnMarker insists Guard 4 exists even when the turn order is completely empty. What do you need in order to get to the bottom of that?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That is bizarre. &nbsp;It's likely a token on another map that is in the turn order. &nbsp;The position it goes to is the location that it is on, but the page is wrong. &nbsp;If you remove it via clicking the picture in the Turn Order, it should go away.
@The Aaron, can I invite you to the campaign to take a look? It's not IN the Turn Order, so I can't click its picture - and yet it persists. You're right it's likely on another map, but if so, it's an archived map. I can't find it anywhere on any of the other maps. It's not a gamebreaking issue, and I'm sure it's quite rare, but man, is it outright bizarre.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
sure, PM me a link!
Okay, I tried one more thing. With the Turn Order empty, I chose Turn Order settings and the option to clear the Turn Order. Which left it just as empty as before - but "Guard 4" is now gone. I don't pretend to understand it, but it was clearly a roll20 problem, not a TurnMarker1 problem.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great!

Edited 1488563568
Zym
Sheet Author
Hey Aaron, Is it possible to ping pull the players aswell. You see I am streaming this weekend on Twitch. I used a second roll20 account for Twitch so that it hides some of the GM rolls, yet is set up so it views from all the players perspectives, however Ping Pull is really good so that I don't have to move the screen around manually on its browser. It just moves, centring the screen perfect for Twitch recording. However if I set it to GM then my rolls are not hidden anymore, along with Statblock and all, and I have to move it page to page manually. (unlike player drag) The reason I set it to GM was for Ping Pull, now I am realising for the things I want it to do, it only marginally outweighs not having Twitch set to GM, I'd rather ping pull than hiding GM stuff, but&nbsp; TL;DR is there a way to set players to ping pull on the Turn Order API?

Edited 1488563855
Zym
Sheet Author
Hmmm.... thinking of which. If its only the stat blocks I want to hide then&nbsp; /w Alex %{selected|shaped_statblock} would be fine. However my question still stands. As we are playing Adventurers League I was going to have my rolls set to public anyway. Because some people know stat blocks and it sets an unfair advantage for those that don't, plus then they know I am not fudging rolls for hits or misses.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The API can only ping-pull the GM, unfortunately. &nbsp;It's a bug from about 3-4 years ago that remains unresolved. &nbsp; It would be great if we could ping-pull specific people, and without the ping graphic. &nbsp;That's not an option though.
Zym
Sheet Author
Cool, thanks for the reply.
Very new using API, dont even know how to add a script , Im wanting to use Blood and Honor,Group Initiative,Turntracker but not sure how to add them&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
In your Game's Details page, click Settings, API Scripts &nbsp; Some scripts are available via the 1-click install: Other's you'll need to copy the source for and paste in their own tab: Group Initiative is in the 1-click install, so I suggest installing it from there. • TurnMarker1: go to the source link, and click raw, select all then copy. &nbsp;Paste into a new tab and save. Source Link:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Tu" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Tu</a>... • Same thing for Blood and Honor: Source Link:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/</a>.. At least for GroupInitiative and TurnMarker, there are some configuration and help screens: !group-init --help !tm --help Happy Rolling!
this is neat can you attach a sound file to it so it shouts "END OF TURN!" whenever a turn ends?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I could hack that in...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Devlin M. said: this is neat can you attach a sound file to it so it shouts "END OF TURN!" whenever a turn ends? I 'hacked' in a little bell ringing sound at the start of each players turn to get their attention... it drives them mad at times which only increases my enjoyment as a DM ;)
Zym
Sheet Author
But those long silences when your waiting for the player to finish their turn, and slowly people start muttering... "er.. dude... you finished your turn!" Lol
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm imagining adding the option to have the Jeopardy theme start playing after 60 seconds on a player's turn....&nbsp;
Not jeopardy. &nbsp;Maybe that old standard it's the final countdown.&nbsp;
Or some annoying music they play at award shows. That just keeps getting louder, until you hit EOT.