Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DnD 5e Character Sheet Spellcasting for NPCs

Hello, I was hoping somebody could clarify an issue I seem to be having with the NPC sheet for 5e . I've given a custom monster with a +3 WIS mod the Spiritual Weapon spell by dragging it in from the compendium. I was testing the sheet to see if it worked properly, and I'm perplexed by the variables of the roll that Roll20 made. It looks like this Rolling 1d20cs>20+ 1[MOD]+ 2[PROF] = (4)+ 1+ 2 Shouldn't the MOD field have a 3 in it? Spiritual Weapon should roll a melee spell attack. The monster's spell attack modifier is set to WIS, and it doesn't even have a stat with a +1 modifier. Where is this number coming from? Any light that you could shed on this topic would be much appreciated. Thank you. 
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
There are three different 5e sheets available, which sheet are you using? 5e OGL, 5e Shaped, or 5e Community?  If it is OGL, you're best off posting to the stickied thread which exists for that very purpose :)
Thank you, I will post there too. It is the 5e OGL.