Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Displaying a selected tokens attributes in chat

So I am running a Pokemon tabletop united game and one of the difficult things about it is remembering all the relevant stats when damage is applied. I was wondering if a macro could be written to display the selected tokens attributes kind of as follows. Piplup ATK: 10 DEF: 11 SPATK: 3 SPDEF: 0 PhysEvade: 1 SpecEvade: 1 SpeedEvade: 1 This would allow me and my players to just click on the token hit the macro and pop out the info we need. Any help would be appreciated. I did search for this for about 2 hours.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Scott W. Have you checked out the Using a Selected Token with a Macro section of the Wiki yet?
I have and have been having trouble. I'm still getting a good grasp on macros. Just wrote my first nested macro today.

Edited 1488780512
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Does this meet your needs? @{selected|character_name} ATK: @{selected|ATK} DEF: @{selected|DEF} SPATK: @{selected|SPATK} SPDEF: @{selected|SPDEF} PhysEvade: @{selected|PhysEvade} SpecEvade: @{selected|SpecEvade} SpeedEvade: @{selected|SpeedEvade}
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also, make sure the token is actually representing the character, otherwise those attributes won't be available.
That certainly does exactly what i need now just to get it into a nice little whispered rollable template. Thank you! You mods rock!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Happy rolling!
/w GM &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|character_name}} {{ATK:=@{selected|ATK}}} {{DEF:=@{selected|DEF}}} {{SPATK:=@{selected|SPATK}}} {{SPDEF:=@{selected|SPDEF}}} {{PhysEvade:=@{selected|PhysEvade}}} {{SpecEvade:=@{selected|SpecEvade}}} {{SpeedEvade:=@{selected|SpeedEvade}}}
Thank you! the only thing i'll have to do is add the total to the end because the PTU sheet has like three spots for each stat.