Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] "One Size Fits All Macro" not fitting all

I found a great "master" macro on an old/closed thread on the boards here. It's been working great for what I've used it for so far, until today when I went to use it on a wizard I'm running. The wizard currently has 8 actions/spells in his action box. This macro is working for 4 out of 8 of them, using the exact same format for each and only changing the variable number for which action is to be referenced. Here is the macro: @{selected|wtype}&{template:atk} {{mod=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkbonus} }} {{rname=[@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkname}](~selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack_dmg)}} {{rnamec=[@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkname}](~selected|repeating_attack_$0_attack_crit)}} {{r1=[[@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_r1base}@{selected|halflingluck}cs>@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkcritrange}@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_atkbonus} ]] }} @{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_r2base}@{selected|halflingluck}cs>@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkcritrange}@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_hidden_atkbonus} ]] }} {{range=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atkrange} }} {{desc=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_atk_desc} }} @{selected|repeating_attack_$0_spelllevel} ammo=@{selected|repeating_attack_$0_ammo} @{selected|charname_output} It works for Dagger, Firebolt, Ray of Frost and Scorching Ray but does not work for Fireball, Sleep, Magic Missile or Burning Hands. For each of the failed ones, all it shows is the range of the spell.  Here is a screenshot of the chat where I use each of these in order from variable 0 through variable 7.  Given that each macro is fundamentally the same, I cannot sort out why only some of them work.  Ideas?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi shaun, it looks like you are recreating the attacks/spells macros rather than simply calling the precreated ones from the sheet. See the  sheet's wiki for info on calling repeating abilities . That said, let's see if we can figure out what is going wrong. It occurs to me that all of the spells you mention not working don't have an attack roll, there probably isn't anything in that attribute for those spells, so it is failing quietly.
Hmm. I can get it to work a little easier with the simple  %{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spell} macro, but that one keeps giving me the spell save block even when spell save is not applicable. The spell save block appears when rolling for damage.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, it looks like you've got something set up wrong in the spell or attack entry on the sheet for those. For scorching ray, the spell entry should look like this: And the Attack entry should look like this: Giving this as output: