Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Pathfinder][Planescape] Veteran DM Looking to Start a New Twitch-Streamed Planescape Campaign

Edited 1489508803
I am interested in starting a new campaign on Roll20. For those of you unfamiliar with the Planescape setting, it was originally created by TSR for 2nd Edition D&D and is considered by some (including myself) to be the best and most interested setting to ever come out for D&D. Planescape introduced tieflings, aasimar, and codified the planar system as well as provided an entire culture that is pretty unique and different than anything that came before (or since). Back when Planescape first came out, I greatly enjoyed running this setting, but sadly, I've not seen it in use for a long time, so I want to change that. If you are interested in learning more about the setting, this link is a good starting point: &nbsp; <a href="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?3771" rel="nofollow">http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?3771</a>... I'm also trying to build a twitch stream based around RPGs and want to use this campaign as a basis for more content. Thus, I'd like to find a group of 4-7 STABLE players who are interested in the setting, roleplaying it to the hilt, and really getting into their characters and the game. Having been in a stable gaming group for 10 years when I was younger, I KNOW this is possible, but honestly, I've not had much luck finding reliable players on Roll20. Hope springs eternal, however, and maybe if I describe better what I'm after and appeal to people, I'll find the right group. Here's what I can promise to my players: I will do my best to be on-time and consistent for every session. If I cannot play, I will let the group know as soon as possible (usually at least a week in advance) that I won't be able to make it. I will put in whatever time is needed to make the adventures exciting and interesting to the players, tailoring them as much as possible to the characters and the current events of the campaign. Having run many adventures and campaigns on roll20 as well as being a professional software developer, I'm fairly proficient at the technical details of how to use roll20 to make good experiences for players. That can add up to many hours of prep each week, but that's fine with me as long as the players are enjoying it. I will try to have a good mix of roleplaying, puzzle-solving, and combat - with the ratio of each being somewhat tailored to the preferences of the players. I bring to the table 38 years of DMing experience (I started DMing in 1979 when I was 9 years old) and countless hours of running fun games. I love to world-build and roleplay and would love to find players who enjoy the same. &nbsp; I do not think that what I am asking from players at all unreasonable. Do your best to be on time and consistent for every session possible. If you do not think your schedule will allow you to commit to a weekly game where you can show up to at least 3 out of every 4 games, then save everyone a lot of grief and just don't sign up. If you do need to miss a session, it's not a big deal, but please do your best to let me know as soon as you can so I can plan around it. As I mentioned above, I will many times put a bunch of time and effort into customizing a session and if a player who is key to that session doesn't show up, that not only makes me scramble to put something else together on the fly (that usually isn't nearly as good), but it also ruins the fun for other players in the group. I can't emphasize enough how important this is. I require at least voice for my campaigns. I would prefer that all players have webcams as it plays better for streaming, but I won't require that for now. If you don't at least have a good headset with a decent microphone, I'm willing to help with that, but that is a necessity. If you have a microphone that doesn't cut out background noise and everyone else always hears everything you're doing, then I will also ask you to change your microphone to a better one. I'll be using either discord or skype for audio (depending on how many people have cameras). Get into the game, be present and active, roleplay your character, and most of all, have fun! That's pretty much it, honestly. Doesn't seem like a lot to ask, in my opinion. I don't know what day or time we will play yet, but since I'm in the Bay Area (PST, or GMT-8), it will likely be on the weekends or a weekday night. This will depend greatly on the schedules of the players and when we can all find a slot in our schedules for a weekly game. Sessions will usually run 4-6 hours, again depending on the time available to the players. [Edit] After a little bit of prep, I can say something about the campaign itself. &nbsp; Characters will start at 3rd level, 25-pt buy, 3000 gp. &nbsp;You will start on Golarion or some other prime material plane world unless you have some unusual background in mind (in which case, talk to me). &nbsp;Whatever prime world you begin on, there was recently a strange occurrence of a red rain a few days ago. &nbsp;No one knows what it was or why it happened. &nbsp;Strange occurrences have been happening ever since. &nbsp;In the characters' minds, these words burn themselves into memory: The end of an era A deadly chimera Fall of divinity Unholy Trinity Cleansing, flensing red rain Harbinger of dire pain Mighty heroes will rise To combat he who dies But death is not the end And life will transcend This has all gone before Eternal is the war At some point shortly after we begin, the party members will meet and start their adventures in the outer planes. If you feel that you would be interested in this type of campaign and can honestly commit to the requirements above, then please PM me or leave a message here.
If you're looking for players for this I wouldn't mind joining. &nbsp;Your requested times work with me (I'm PST as well) so it's just a matter of what races/classes are allowed and what level we're starting at (as well as if we're rolling for stats or doing a point buy).
No planescape experience or knowledge required, honestly. &nbsp;In fact, your characters likely won't know anything about it when things start, so you'll be expected to learn the setting as you go. As for starting level, etc - probably 3rd level, 25-point buy. &nbsp;I'm open to most races and classes with a few exceptions (for balance reasons, I don't allow gunslingers or summoners). &nbsp;We can work out some race/class combo you'll be happy with, though, I'm sure.

Edited 1489448285
Agreed, if we're communicating over Skype I could add you and talk to you tonight. &nbsp;I had an idea for a halfling fighter who used a glaive as her weapon (or his, the character's still being fleshed out.) &nbsp;Or barring that, a halfling stealth rogue.
I do have Skype, but honestly, I don't use it much as I much prefer Discord. &nbsp;However, for the actual game, if we decide to use cameras, then it will have to be skype for that as discord doesn't (currently) support cameras as far as I know. &nbsp;For most communication once the game starts, I'll likely use Discord for between session info.
Trevor, a halfling fighter with glaive should be fine as long as the size category of the glaive is usable by your body size.

Edited 1489450062
Lee W. said: Trevor, a halfling fighter with glaive should be fine as long as the size category of the glaive is usable by your body size. Why wouldn't it be? &nbsp;Alright, cool, do you have a discord invite we can communicate?
I'm interested in this, thinking of being a ratfolk witch or&nbsp;ifrits ninja
I don't know much about the planescape setting but from what your link showed it sounds pretty dam interesting. As a heads up I don't have a webcam but if that isn't an issue I think playing a kineticist in a setting that goes across the different planes would be both thematic and fun.
Planescape, boy that does take me back to a campaign I was in way before. I'd love to take a jump at it, though the exact time would be a deciding factor for me, due to being EST to your PST. But if it all happens to be all fine and well with the timing, I've got a character in the wings ready to go from the get-go, would just have to rebuild him by statistics and gearing. Simple and easy Human Wizard, though the build I'll keep under wraps for now because it's quite fun for a reveal. I do happen to have both voice and camera available and do give a thumbs up on the twitch streaming, as I do that on occasion myself and DM'd a couple campaigns which a player streamed. So just happen to let me know once you have a few more details and I'll try to see if they line up with my schedule!
I would also like to join this game, I've only heard stories about planescape and I think it'd be awesome to try this out.

Edited 1489525360
At this point, the campaign is possibly full (I'm still waiting on acceptances from a couple players, so the exact status is unknown), so I'm starting to add players to an alternates list. &nbsp;I am expecting some churn in the first week or two as people decide whether the campaign is right for them, though, so don't be discouraged if you are an "alternate".