Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Having Cloudflare Connection Issues 3/15? Sound Off Here

Edited 1489618416
Gid
Roll20 Team
We're investigating reports of particular users being unable to connect. If you're having issues please provide your (generalized) geological location, your internet provider, and what Cloudflare error you're recieving in this thread. Thanks!
Have a game later tonight, but this past Sunday evening around 8pm eastern the group I was in was having a lot of connection issues right around that time. My ISP is AT&T (DSL, 18 mbps / 20-40ms), central Indiana.
Our game last night (03/15/2017) was almost ruined by roll20 crashing down. We ended up with Cloudfare error message which said, roll20 site is down. Location: Finland. Cloudfare server was Helsinki. Sorry I cannot offer a better logs, but I was too busy trying to save our session, and forgot to take screenshots about errors. Practically roll20 was unresponsive for 5-10 minutes (either giving cloudfare error page or timeout), and after that, most charactersheet graphics didn't work for me at rest of the session, which was a bit PITA, but thankfully system worked for one player so he read out a loud all results, when we needed to roll. (For what it's worth, we use EotE custom dice script.)
SkyCaptainXIII said: Have a game later tonight, but this past Sunday evening around 8pm eastern the group I was in was having a lot of connection issues right around that time. My ISP is AT&T (DSL, 18 mbps / 20-40ms), central Indiana. Session went well last night with no issues, but we only used Roll20 for map, chat, and character sheets. We did not use voice/video and instead used Discord for voice.
Gid
Roll20 Team
It looks to be this was a temporary hiccup on Cloudflare's end mid-day yesterday. Thank you, Jukka and SkyCaptainXIII, for giving us an update on your own games. I'm going to close this thread, as any new Cloudflare outages would be their own new issue. If anyone gets another Cloudflare timeouts, please start a new thread and include the time frame in which you hit the timeout errors and also your (generalized) geological location and internet provider.