Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Old World Style set 17: Ancestral Ties

Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Ok, not everyone's party member is an orphan, abandoned on a doorstep at the local tavern or monastery. If you are familiar with using portrait frames, why not go a step further?  Old World Style set 17: Ancestral Ties has numerous motifs to design lineages, or other ideas. Want to explain how cults arose from existing religions? Show the splits in political powers? Maybe you want to illustrate to your players why one kingdom's quest to eliminate another could be demonstrated through a nifty li'l flow chart, detailing past offenses and discrepancies. Or maybe the ever popular gnomish technical explanations of 'If I push this button'..? Several samples are included for ideas, but really the designs are all in your hands of how the trees look.  Hope you enjoy!
Neat idea
Russ, we have not met yet in games here (been here for years), but I am your newest fan.  Normally I do my own maps with CC2 / CC3 as I have for years since 1996, using Job Roberts' and DeRust and Tolkien style brushes, however, just randomly browsing the marketplace for the first time, stumbled onto your old world sets, and this. My wife does genealogy, and so that lends itself to family histories.  Got this set and over a half dozen others to support my newest 5e D&D adventure campaign here.  Best of luck, I well know how long it takes to do work like these tilesets. Respectfully, James J.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Hi James,  Thank you for the very kind words and I hope you enjoy the sets! If you have any questions, please feel free to send a message. Happy Mapping!