Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] 5e - Automatic health tracking on monsters?

Hi all! Just a quick question to see if anyone knows some good api's to use to implement an if an attack hits (usually I put AC in bar3 as well as in the normal npc sheet) it automatically applies the damage? Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can probably do this with TokenMod and the right formula: !token-mod {{ --set bar1|-[[ (1d8+3 [damage]) * ( (1d20+8 [to hit] )>[[@{target|foe|bar3}+1 ]] ) ]] --ids @{target|foe|token_id} }} Assuming: hitpoints are in bar1 damage is 1d8+3 to hit roll is 1d20+8 To hit needs to exceed AC (hence the bar3 + 1) For players to do this, you'd need to have the Players can IDS setting on in TokenMod (check the help: !token-mod --help ) This will take the damage done times the 0 if the to hit is lower than or equal to the ac, or one if it's greater, then subtract the result from the bar. There isn't any outward reporting though, so you'd just have to infer if it hit based on the change in stats.
Awesome! I'll take a look!

Edited 1490234378
Silvyre
Forum Champion
PowerCards very recently received an update that makes this possible; I recommend checking it out!