Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Getting a Macro to say something in the chat

So I've got a pretty simple problem. I've got a Query macro to notify when I'm changing equipment. I want to choose an option on the list, then spit out a "/me" message on the chat. That's it. Nothing else is going on here. The thing is, when I select an option, instead of outputting the fancy "Aslo stows his shield" with the different box, it just puts out /me stows his shield. in the chat. What's going wrong here? I even tried nesting a macro that would just do a /me command, and while the macro would work fine on it's own, it couldn't seem to work while within the query. What's up with this?
post the macro
?{Swap Equipment:|Equip Spear and Shield, /me equips his spear and shield! May his enemies quiver!|Equip Spear(2-handed), /me grips his spear in two hands! This time with gusto!|Equip Crossbow, /me pulls out his crossbow! Danger form afar!|Equip Shield, /me dons his shield! The defensive option!|Stow Spear and Shield, /me stows his spear and shield. This is not the time for close quarters.|Stow Spear, /me stows his spear. Time for a different approach|Stow Crossbow, /me stows his crossbow. No bolts will fly. For now.|Stow Shield, /me stows his shield. It was just getting in the way.} Here it is ^
Put /me first.  So... /me ?{Change to:|Spear & Shield, equips his spear and shield|etc, et al}
Thanks a bunch! It works perfectly now.