Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

THE Color Animal Inn one-night-only one-shot tonight! Right now! (5pm cst 3-26-2017)(Noob-friendly Pathfinder)

We're open for business again! One night only! I will be accepting the first 3-4 people to post here. Pre-generated characters are available; if you join early enough, I can help you make/import your own. -Barth, Bartender and Owner of "The Color Animal Inn" Old Post for information: Greetings, young hero! Perhaps you have heard by now of the wondrous opportunities to be had in the rapidly-growing town of Owhe? How a series of earthquakes revealed long-hidden tombs, caverns, and dungeons populated by dangerous monsters and filled with fantastic treasure? And how numerous adventurers have made their fortunes (and sometimes their fates, but let's not dwell on the down side!) by coming here to try their hand at exploration? Well, now it's your turn! Visit the best little town in the middle of nOWHEre!! Shop our bountiful stores, visit our scenic dungeons, and share tales of adventure with other heroes at: The Color Animal Inn! So, here's what's the thing, what it is, is: The Color Animal Inn is my attempt to create a 'game' that anyone can join, on a semi-regular basis. The campaign I have set up includes a large number of complicated interactions between character sheets, macros, token actions, and API scripts. This all works together to make a very, very simple interface, suitable for even the newest newbie to use quickly, easily, and intuitively. NO GAMING KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED Each session will be couched in the idea that participants are visiting a bar, where they can meet one another and discuss various topics of interest. The first part of each session will feature my making a link to the game available to the general public, through these forums. Any Roll20 member who wishes to do so may join, until the 'bar' reaches maximum capacity (Currently limited to 6 players.) During this period, those present are invited to discuss whatever gaming-related topics they wish. In addition, I will be doing various things to help new players, and sometimes old players. Mostly the topics will be fluid, but sometimes I'll have something special I'll wish to demonstrate. For example, I might show new players how to make their characters, or I might show experienced Roll20 GMs a method I've discovered for creating detailed macros for their game. Whatever people want to chat about, we're gonna chat about. The second part of each session will begin when there are at least 4 participants who want to play, generally one to two hours after the doors open. Using characters they've created during this session, characters they'd like to import into this game, or an ever-growing selection of pregenerated characters, everyone who wishes to will get to play. The participants will then get to do a VERY random, free-form style of role-playing and combat, with exploration, puzzles, traps, monsters, and of course treasure! Using my vast array of random tables, random dungeon generators, random treasure charts, and Roll20s own system, there's no telling what might happen. And since I encourage the participants to make up significant portions of the story, even I won't know what's going to happen! These sessions can end up being anywhere from serious to silly, depending on the moods of the participants, and every group will be different. Sound like fun? Want to be part of this? Great, here's all you have to do! Rule 1: Don't be a jerk. I'm the only jerk allowed in this particular tavern, and I've already tried kicking myself out. Don't make me boot you, too. Rule 2: If you obey Rule 1, I don't need a Rule 2. You can find previous episodes of The Color Animal Inn here , or by searching for Phnord Prephect on YouTube. Sorry about the wall-of-text; formatting doesn't seem to carry over very well!
Bumpity...
i'll play
Link on the way, to Mr. Alex J!
Fixin' to start the game, hoping to get at least one more player! (Two here so far) Come on, sign up folks!
Well, we ended up with only two players, and it was a short game. But fun! Our heroes, having heard of a dungeon in which orcs were performing some kind of unknown 'ritual', decided to bluff their way inside to see what it was about. Finding several bugbears surrounding an overflowing vat of red liquid, they pretended to be part of the ritual. Alexander took his place within the vat, while Nikita took the bell and powder she was offered. When the ritual began, Alexander leaped into the air and shoved the orc into the vat, as Nikita and the bugbears rang their bells and poured the powder into the liquid. A few more bluff rolls and some failed intelligence checks (on the bugbears' part) later, the orc was completely consumed by the hideous monster rising from the liquid. The players then left, safely, citing a need to get something to eat "to help us with the next ritual!" I LOVE the way players never do what I expect them to do!