Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The Color Animal Inn: One-night-only One-Shot, Newbie-Friendly Pathfinder (4-2-2017 5pm CST) (Up to 4 players needed)

Greetings, young hero! Perhaps you have heard by now of the wondrous opportunities to be had in the rapidly-growing town of Owhe ? How a series of earthquakes revealed long-hidden tombs, caverns, and dungeons populated by dangerous monsters and filled with fantastic treasure? And how numerous adventurers have made their fortunes (and sometimes their fates, but let's not dwell on the down side!) by coming here to try their hand at exploration? Well, now it's your turn! Visit the best little town in the middle of nOWHEre!! Shop our bountiful stores, visit our scenic dungeons, and share tales of adventure with other heroes at: The Color Animal Inn! So, here's what's the thing, what it is, is: The Color Animal Inn is my attempt to create a 'game' that anyone can join, on a semi-regular basis. The campaign I have set up includes a large number of complicated interactions between character sheets, macros, token actions, and API scripts. This all works together to make a very, very simple interface, suitable for even the newest newbie to use quickly, easily, and intuitively. NO GAMING KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED Each session will be couched in the idea that participants are visiting a bar, where they can meet one another and discuss various topics of interest. Sound like fun? Want to be part of this? Great, here's all you have to do! Rule 1: Don't be a jerk. I'm the only jerk allowed in this particular tavern, and I've already tried kicking myself out. Don't make me boot you, too. Rule 2: If you obey Rule 1, I don't need a Rule 2. Gameplay will occur on Roll20, and will be recorded. Voice contact will take place through Roll20's voice system. If this fails for some reason (a rare thing lately, although it used to be common) we will use Skype as a backup.  You are welcome to broadcast video, as long as you don't make me go back and edit anything later! You are NOT required to do so. The entire session will be recorded as well as being broadcast live across YouTube, meaning that anything done within the program needs to meet YouTube's terms of service. Vulgar language is allowed, within reason. Racism, homophobia, hate speech, and anything like that is not, and anyone displaying such actions will be lucky to get a single warning. You can find prevous episodes of The Color Animal Inn here , or by searching for Phnord Prephect on YouTube. The next event is scheduled for: Sunday April 2  at approximately 5pm Central. -Phnord Current VIP List: Diana E Alex J Donnie Nick Mrs. Donnie? ? ? ? Current Backup List: ? ? ? Edit1: This game will NOT be recorded Edit2: Eight players is the absolute maximum I'll run with
My dear sir, I would be delighted to partake in a touch of the old Pathfinder. I enjoy D&D but am sometimes aggravated by some aspects of long-term play- experience, loot, spending multiple sessions slogging through a combat heavy dungeon. A one-shot could be just the thing to let me enjoy the system no strings attached. Are characters provided? If not, what level and wealth should I use, and are any restrictions in place?
Howdy RyanD! You will be receiving a link to the game momentarily. We'd be glad to have you! There are a LOT of pre-generated characters available, mostly made by previous players. If you choose one of these, it will be cloned off and become your own from then on, to do with as you will. However, if you'd like to generate your own, there are generous rules in place for you to do so. Normally new players start off with a level 1 character. But, since tonight will feature many players with higher-level characters, you have the option of creating a character at level 3. Starting gear (including cash) and such will be discussed within. See you there!
Dear Barkeep! You had my interest but now you have my attention! I have DM'ed a lot of DnD 5e but I have never played because I don't know anybody that plays A one shot campaign sounds simply divine! I know how to create a character very easily and already have some regenerated ones as well! I would love to join you all!
Welcome, Stefan D! Link in the mail, come on in!
Last call; game is about to start. I'll check again in half an hour, then the doors will be shut.
Closed for the night. Join us next time!