Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[AD&D 2E] Revised, new implementations and how to make them work.

Hey guys. I'm not sure if my General Support thread gets much visibility as it is pretty old. With the changes going through tonight, I've added a large number of auto tally fields to spells. All spell totals should be auto tally now, also I fixed the auto tallies in gear and gem values. Now, what does that mean for you? It means you need to update. After the update goes through, which could be as late as Thursday or Friday, you'll need to update 1 of every repeating section to get your totals. To do this, simply change a number, save the new number by hitting <enter> or <return> or just clicking off the field onto a blank piece of page. Once this is done, your sheet should be partially automated. To answer a few questions: Yes, I can change it back, no, I'm not going to. If you don't want the changes, feel free to ignore them as they don't change anything old about the sheet, only new fields are affected. Yes, any new sheet made after the update applies is automatically updated. No, I have no plans to change anything else right now. If you have a suggestion, complaint, criticism, concern, comment, compliment or general query, feel free to ask and I will do my best to accomadate.
As of Thursday, this sheet is broken.  No buttons show, everything is visible (no tabs), etc.  I'm not sure if this is still pending the changes being pushed through.  That may fix it.
................................................................................................................................................................................................ After seeing what you're talking about, I'm legitimately angry. I worked my butt off for 3 days solid, got my code perfect, and submitted it at basically the last second, which is why I was working on it for three days solid, and this is what it puts out? I can't recall ever needing to do this, but I need a Dev to look into this. This is unacceptable, I just line checked the code on GitHub and it is precisely the same as my working model, as is the CSS. I don't know what happened but if I need to push, I need it to go through tonight, not next Tuesday. I don't know why this would happen either as the only difference between my working code and this one is the fact that it had to be passed through a Unix blender, but that doesn't seem to have affected it before. I'm opening a bug ticket and just shy of copy/pasting this into it.
Ok, with Phil's gracious help, the sheet is functional again. Sorry about that guys. Apparently my sheet writing program has a default "save as" option that improperly formats the sheet. I'd never noticed because I'd just been updating my copy up till I started working with text/worker 's and had decided to use a fresh save with it at that point. That seems to have been where it broke, not on the html level, but in my css as it reverted to the wrong encoding. Sorry for any delays or hiccups this may have caused :(
No problems caused here, and thanks for the hard work and updates.  I thought it might be the changes not being pushed through that was causing me problems.  It's a great sheet and I applaud all your hard work to provide this for the rest of us. I know enough about coding to appreciate when someone else does all the hard work for me. Thanks again for doing this. 
thanks for making such a great sheet for 2e; it's nice to see people still care about the old editions.  Did you ever get a tutorial started?  I specifically was looking for how a rogues backstab multiplier gets figured in to damage; does it do that automatically?
It does not, but you can, in the damage box, make a query that references @{backstabmultiplier}d6 for instance, to make it work. I've been working on the tutorial, but I haven't had a lot of free time. Hopefully I can get it out there soon.