Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with macro from all you Macro wizards.

Below is a macro I created for my barbarian in my Game. She is new to RPG and I am a long time player/GM but new to 5e. The below macro post in chat a description of rage and then adds to the tracker using the !act -1 10 --Barbarian Rage. This works awesome, however I want to expand on this a remove 1 rage from the resource section of the OGL. named Rage (see bleow). Any ideas?   &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Conditions Rage}} {{name=**@{Selected|character_name}** fly's into a Rage!}} {{description= • Bonus Action. • Can't be wearing heavy armor: • You have advantage on Strength Checks and Strength   saving throws. • Make a melee weapon Attack using Strength, you gain a     +2 bonus to the damage roll. • You have Resistance (half Damage) from bludgeoning,   piercing, and slashing damage. • Can't cast Spells or concentrate on them while raging. • Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked Unconscious or if Your Turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on Your Turn as a Bonus Action.}} !act -1 10 --Barbarian Rage
Craven . said: Below is a macro I created for my barbarian in my Game. She is new to RPG and I am a long time player/GM but new to 5e. The below macro post in chat a description of rage and then adds to the tracker using the !act -1 10 --Barbarian Rage. This works awesome, however I want to expand on this a remove 1 rage from the resource section of the OGL. named Rage (see bleow). Any ideas?   &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Conditions Rage}} {{name=**@{Selected|character_name}** fly's into a Rage!}} {{description= • Bonus Action. • Can't be wearing heavy armor: • You have advantage on Strength Checks and Strength   saving throws. • Make a melee weapon Attack using Strength, you gain a     +2 bonus to the damage roll. • You have Resistance (half Damage) from bludgeoning,   piercing, and slashing damage. • Can't cast Spells or concentrate on them while raging. • Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked Unconscious or if Your Turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on Your Turn as a Bonus Action.}} !act -1 10 --Barbarian Rage You can use the  ChatSetAttr  script to do just that by adding this to your macro. I am assuming that the rage resource is in the class resource slot. !setattr --name @{character_name} --modb --class_resource|-1 Once you have tested it and have ensured it works properly, put "--silent" on the end of the setattr command and it will prevent the api from displaying the output in the chat log. The output is great for testing, but I think it just gets in the way during the game.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You'll want to use Jakob's  ChatSetAttr script.
Scott C. said: You'll want to use Jakob's  ChatSetAttr script. Kyle G. said: Craven . said: Below is a macro I created for my barbarian in my Game. She is new to RPG and I am a long time player/GM but new to 5e. The below macro post in chat a description of rage and then adds to the tracker using the !act -1 10 --Barbarian Rage. This works awesome, however I want to expand on this a remove 1 rage from the resource section of the OGL. named Rage (see bleow). Any ideas?   &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Conditions Rage}} {{name=**@{Selected|character_name}** fly's into a Rage!}} {{description= • Bonus Action. • Can't be wearing heavy armor: • You have advantage on Strength Checks and Strength   saving throws. • Make a melee weapon Attack using Strength, you gain a     +2 bonus to the damage roll. • You have Resistance (half Damage) from bludgeoning,   piercing, and slashing damage. • Can't cast Spells or concentrate on them while raging. • Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked Unconscious or if Your Turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on Your Turn as a Bonus Action.}} !act -1 10 --Barbarian Rage You can use the  ChatSetAttr  script to do just that by adding this to your macro. I am assuming that the rage resource is in the class resource slot. !setattr --name @{character_name} --modb --class_resource|-1 Once you have tested it and have ensured it works properly, put "--silent" on the end of the setattr command and it will prevent the api from displaying the output in the chat log. The output is great for testing, but I think it just gets in the way during the game. I get this warring and I am not sure if i should use it. I have OGL API, Token-Mod, Audio Master and the !act for adding counters. "ChatSetAttr or it's dependencies read or write fields that are used by other scripts you currently have installed. There is a possibility that these scripts might conflict with each other. Would you like to continue the installation?"
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I would disregard that warning for the time being; it should not apply to your circumstances.

Edited 1491339141
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Craven . said: I get this warring and I am not sure if i should use it. I have OGL API, Token-Mod, Audio Master and the !act for adding counters. "ChatSetAttr or it's dependencies read or write fields that are used by other scripts you currently have installed. There is a possibility that these scripts might conflict with each other. Would you like to continue the installation?" This warning is because most of us script authors simply put things like writes:"attributes","characters" reads:"attributes","characters","players" In our script.JSON files. These are obviously pretty general and result in many "incompatabilities" according to the checker even though there aren't.
Works great thanks guys so now when she click Rage it add a tracker for 10 rounds and -1 from class resource for rage. Awesome.