Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Mutants&Masterminds 3e][Biweekly & Pickup Games] Biweekly Game Will Be EST, 6-10p Day To Be Decided

Edited 1491440695
We are a group of experienced players/GMs that will be running a M&M 3e game in a rotation. The time is definitely semi-flexable.We have made PL8 characters, but may alter the starting level to PL10 after discussion with incoming players. We are looking for one or two more people to round out our roster. Please post a bit about yourself if you are interested (not about your character) and what appeals to you about this game. Bonus points (but not mandatory) if any of these describes you: Have experience in the system Can run a game in the rotation Know superhero fiction well Are an experienced roleplayer in general Thank you for reading and we look forward to hearing back from you.
Hi Dustin,  Depending on scheduling I'd be interested.  I'm an experienced gamer and experienced with M&M as well, having run my fair share of games.  I have decent superhero comics literacy, although recent stuff is a little beyond me, especially with all sorts of multiverse and timeline shenanigans.  I was a big fan of the Timmverse stuff:  they distilled down the characters to the key, iconic elements.  I wouldn't have the time to commit myself to running a game full time, but wouldn't be averse to running an adventure here or there.  Overall as a gamer I'm a collaborative one.  It's a group activity, so I like it when everyone has their chance to shine and have a chance to explore the things that are most interesting to them.  For example, I hate it when one or more players are stuck on the sidelines for an extended period of time.  This is probably true to some degree with all games, but with superhero games in particular I think tone and setting are important.  A game inspired by the X-Men or the Justice League or with some other idea behind it and a sense of tone or place is more interesting to me than something more generic.  And, ideally the characters all feel like they belong in that world ... you get the idea.  Although, depending on the setting, comic book weirdness is totally cool with me -- I'm perfectly cool with riding dinosaurs and carrying uzis while fighting ninjas -- but so are relatively "grounded" settings.  That's all I can think of at the moment.  If that sounds cool to you shoot me a PM and we can chat some more.  Cheers.  
Howdy Dustin, Depending on scheduling, I’d too be interested. I’ve been looking for a M&M 3E game to join for some time. I have years of experience with rpg games on Roll20 and locally--mostly D&D 4E/5E, FFG’s Star Wars, The One Ring, Dungeon World, Savage Worlds Cthulhu, and Shadowrun 5E. I played Champions on Roll20 briefly, but the GM bowed out of the campaign. I found Champions to be too crunchy for my taste. I’ve GMed on Roll20 once (D&D 4E campaign) and have GMed locally a couple of FFG Star Wars games (big Star Wars fan here). I’ve never played M&M, but I have the 3E deluxe player’s handbook in both print and pdf. I also have Hero Lab for M&M 3E, so making a M&M character should be relatively easy for me, and I’ve made a full character before using it. I’m somewhat familiar with the rules from reading the player’s handbook. M&M 3E strikes me as a medium crunch game sort of like FFG Star Wars, so I’m comfortable with that. I would be up for GMing M&M at some point, but I would want to get some experience with M&M first as a player. I have a fairly good knowledge of superhero fiction. I read lots of comic books when I was younger but haven’t kept up with comic books since (Secret Wars is the last big thing I remember in Marvel comic books--to date myself). I like both DC and Marvel superheroes, but I probably like Marvel a bit more. I think I’ve seen all of the superhero movies during the last few years and watched some of the animated movies on Netflix. I really enjoy watching The Flash on the CW, and on Netflix I really like Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. Like Nickolas A. that responded above, I believe in sharing the limelight with my fellow players and believe in collaborative storytelling between the GM and the players. I like a mixture of story, role play, combat, and intrigue in my rpg games. I’m fine with theater of the mind or using tokens and grid maps during combat or a mixture of the two. If I sound like I might be a good fit for the group, please send me a Roll20 PM. Happy to chat more on Hangouts/Skype or whatever if you have questions. Thanks. Jerry
Hi,  I'm very interested in this. I've got tons of RPG experience. I used to play when D&D first came out back in the 70s when I was a kid. I played all throughout my teenage years and a little beyond. I played a lot of D&D and some other systems (like Shadowrun and Star Trek), but my true passion was Marvel Superheroes. I love Superhero RPGs. :) I was also big into comic books at that time. I used to go to the local comic book store every Saturday and just read all day. Mostly Marvel. X-Men were my faves.  I stopped playing in my 20s because I just couldn't find anyone to play with. But started playing D&D again a little over a year ago, mainly because of FantasyGrounds which finally allowed me to play online and find others who wanted to play. I currently run a D&D 5e game every other Friday and I play in another D&D 5e game every other Saturday night. I recently got a bug to start playing a superhero RPG, and the only one available on FantasyGrounds in Mutants and Masterminds. So I picked up the Heroes Guide. I've read it cover-to-cover and started creating characters just for fun.I picked up HeroLab and I'm super-excited about getting into a game to play. But the community is pretty sparse and it turns out the FantasyGrounds modules aren't really that great. So I came over here to Roll20 where community seems to be a bit more active.  I've never actually PLAYED M&M, and I've never used Roll20 but I've used Fantasy Grounds, which is kinda similar and I'm a computer nerd so I don't imagine I'll have much trouble picking it up. I have lot of roleplaying and GMing experience and I really like the idea of a group with rotting GMs. That way I get to play a different character every so often and even GM on occasion. But I'd like to play in a game or two before I GM, since I'm not really familiar enough with the system to GM at this point - although I must admit I've been considering starting my own game since it's so hard to find out.  Ummmm.. what else... I'm 46 and I live on Long Island (NY) so I'm on the East Coast of the US in the Eastern time zone.
Hey, I'm a big fan of the genre as well as enjoying the system. I started in M&M 2nd Ed and have since moved onto 3rd Ed.  I have been roleplaying for about a decade or so now. I started with comics - DC/Marvel doesn't matter. I just dig reading superhero comics. Umm..what else? I also used to run a M&M game and I currently GM at FFG Star Wars game. Lastly, I'm 30 and live in Austin, TX.
Hello Dustin,  All this depends on the date/time you are playing but if the schedule is amenable I am interested. My name is Cody R. I'm 26, and live in Minnesota. I'm a full time student. I've been roleplaying for about 4 years now pretty much exclusively on roll20. My two main games to play in / run are Powered by the Apocalypse and Mutants and Masterminds. I've GM'd M&M 3e twice before and played in it i don't know how many times, too many to count. I'm very familiar with the system and have (most) of the books that go along with third edition.  I'm more than willing to run in rotation (although to be honest it would be the first time rotating as a gm). I've been into superheroes since I was old enough to open my dad's wood chest and read his hold x-men comics. I grew up on stuff like Batman the Animated Series and the X-men animated series and have been consuming superhero media ever since.  I've been writing a story (I'm a creative writing major btw) set in a superheroic world in my spare time. I find the idea of playing with fellow GM's interesting because GM's tend to be good players if they all know the system, plus I can never get enough of M&M  If I make the cut feel free to PM me with the dates and times :) 

Edited 1491760644
Thank you for your interest everyone. Recruitment for this game is now CLOSED .
Just my luck to be third out of two. :-P
I sent you a PM.
Bonus points (but not mandatory) if any of these describes you: Have experience in the system Can run a game in the rotation Know superhero fiction well Are an experienced roleplayer in general I have experience in the system. I might be able to run a game if my friends can keep me on task and provide me with sufficiently finished challenges. I don't know superhero fiction super well... but that's when I compare myself to some of my friends. Like Professor W---- I claim 3000 hours in roleplay gaming experience