Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mooks with spells (5ed)

Hi folks. I'm trying to wrap my head around on the best way to count used spellslots on mooks. Is there any way to make this automatic considering that we can't use the character sheet and abilities? 
I just started using status markers with numbers to keep track The only downside is that the players can see how many slots they have left, but it is also kind of intimidating, so that's a plus.
That's a really nifty way of doing that Ed.  You might also consider tracking them in the individual tokens GM notes section. That would be hidden from the characters, but still allow you to manage them. The only downside is that you would have to open up the token information as well as the character sheet unless you have the npcs set up with token actions. However in my games the combats do not last long enough to warrant keeping track of the spellslots of npcs and monsters.

Edited 1491574440
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kyle G. said: You might also consider tracking them in the individual tokens GM notes section. That would be hidden from the characters, but still allow you to manage them. The only downside is that you would have to open up the token information as well as the character sheet unless you have the npcs set up with token actions. A bit of creativity with API scripts would allow you to store, display, change, and retrieve spell slot info (in/from the GM notes) for mooks in an efficient way. That's a good idea for an API script that does not exist yet afaik...
Yea, the GM-notes is what I use at the moment. I just wish I didn't have to open them up all the time. Too bad I can't code. Either way, thanks for the input guys. And Ed, I really like your setup, I might just go for that myself.