Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for API script to put figures from 'bio and info' into 'attributes'

Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Hi everyone, I am very new to thist. Do API scripts only work with HTML character sheets?  I have used the Bio and Info tab to make a character sheet for a game, and what I want is a script to take the number someone puts in their stat box and automatically copy it to their attributes so their macros work without having to go in and do it manually.  Thanks for your help

Edited 1491555019
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no Monster of the Week sheet yet? Shameful! Someone should write one :). Anyway, this can probably be done, but given how flaky the editor is, it may be a lot easier to just write a custom character sheet that replicates your layout instead of trying to to parse the HTML in the Bio tab. Pro: you'll have an easier time making buttons on the sheet that just roll your stats. Con: You can't put links to your Manipulate/Act Under Pressure/etc handouts into a sheet as far as I'm aware.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
I'm working on writing one- adapting it from a Monsterhearts sheet but I'm not so good at coding so it's taking a while. Ok no worries, I'll just get the players to write it in manually and if they change their stats they will just have to remember to change it in both places Thanks for the tips. If you are interested in a MotW sheet and know HTML better then me (which isn't difficult) I will happily send you what I already have- I have the layout down and I'm in the process of changing the name of each section of code to the correct playbook as it's all duplicated from one formatted sheet. Then I just have to figure out how to make only the sheet I want appear when the player chooses their class
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not very good at it, and I don't really know MotW, but go ahead and give me stuff, I'm glad to help. Have heard a lot of good things about the game. I can help you with a trick to making certain sections appear or disappear depending on the playbook. Or, if you want to go a bit fancier, there's a way you can use sheet workers to, for example, put all the moves in a repeating section when you choose a playbook. That avoids the code duplication and makes things a bit more flexible when you want to take cross-playbook moves. If that's a thing in MotW.