Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Translation Tool on Dev: List Ordering by Language

Edited 1491326502
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
An issue was recently brought to my attention: When you're using a character sheet in a different language you run into the issue where lists of "things" that are alphabetically ordered in English end up being more randomly ordered in other languages. This is not cool. So, I've added a new tool to the character sheet i18n toolbox.  Check it out on the Wiki for more details! This tool is currently only on dev, for testing. You can update your sheet to use these tools, they just won't work on production yet.

Edited 1491377652
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Cool stuff.  Related to the given example, can we use our on CSS classes, rather than "row" and "col", and will it still work as intented? And, on the subject of translation, is there an ETA for macro variable translation (since "?{^{my-question}|0}"" doesn't work)? 
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The classes and CSS don't matter to the tool, only the specific tags that I identify it. I've removed the CSS from the examples to avoid confusion. That is the next translation thing I'm going to work on, I'm hoping I'll have time later this week.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are there any plans to apply the same type of idea to repeating sections? For example I load a bunch of strings into a repeating section - 1 item for each string. It'd be nice to sort that by name.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Phil B. said: The classes and CSS don't matter to the tool, only the specific tags that I identify it. I've removed the CSS from the examples to avoid confusion. That is the next translation thing I'm going to work on, I'm hoping I'll have time later this week. Ok, thanks (for both answers).
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Kryx, there is currently not any plans to add this functionality for repeating sections. With a repeating section, the user can easily reorder the section themselves the first time they use the sheet if it's needed. If you really wanted to have it reordered in the sheetworker, you could very easily recreate the same functionality by creating a key, like you would for this tool, then reading it in inside of the the sheetworker and reordering your list using the contents of the key. If you need more specifics, let me know and I'll go into some more details. Natha, I have been able to make this fix locally. The changes are inside of the roll parser, which is a very fickle and very important part of the app. I'm going to need to do some more testing before it even goes out on Dev. It will be at least another week, since I'm going to be out on vacation next week.

Edited 1491607638
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Phil B. said: If you really wanted to have it reordered in the sheetworker, you could very easily recreate the same functionality by creating a key, like you would for this tool, then reading it in inside of the the sheetworker and reordering your list using the contents of the key. If you need more specifics, let me know and I'll go into some more details. I thought about doing exactly that after I asked. If someone requests it then I'll go through the effort. Thanks for the response.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Phil B. said: Natha, I have been able to make this fix locally. The changes are inside of the roll parser, which is a very fickle and very important part of the app. I'm going to need to do some more testing before it even goes out on Dev. It will be at least another week, since I'm going to be out on vacation next week. No problem. Me too (on vacation, seriously ;) ).

Edited 1494619823
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Great feature ! No more player searching 30sec for that one skill that got its order messed up with the translation ! I was wondering what was that strange string that poped up on crowdin for the OGL dnd5e. I am testing it on a custom sheet, and it is working as intended on the live servers, so I assume it went live ? @Kryx : if you want to implement that on the shaped, I will order it for french.