Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Die rolls for other odd systems?

Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi! I got a Swedish rpg that use a special type of exploding dice, and I'm wondering how to best replicate them in roll20. The system is d6-based. Some rolls, particularly for damage, uses a sort of "unlimited" exploding rolls -thingy. The rules are as follows: Any d6 that ends on a 6 will be rerolled with one more dice. Again, if one of those lands on a six, discard it and roll 2d6 in its place. Continue untill no dice ends on a 6. Never count the sixes when summing the roll up. Example: rolling 3d6 results in 2, 5 and 6. the six is rerolled with another dice, resulting in 6 and 4, reroll the 6 with another, and you get 3 and 1. Sum it up (and don't count the sixes) and you will have 2+5+4+3+1=15. This ofcourse leads to a lot of sillyness, one example being the quite real possibility of killing a dragon with a butterknife. Again, my question, is this possible to achieve this with the roll20 roll-system? The only similar thing i found was the compounding exploding dice (the shadowrun variant), but it's only similar, not exactly what I want. If not possible, then I'll be heading off to the suggestions department. :)

Edited 1385655219
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
That specific dice roll is not possible that I know of at this time. You are asking it to ignore a die roll if it is a specific number then add 2 more dice rolls into it. I think someone else mentioned this type of roller before but not sure when. They were talking about some swedish rpg they discovered.
Gauss
Forum Champion
The API should be able to handle this. I would ask the API forum. Note: the API requires a mentor membership.