Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Update] TurnMarker1 -- Now with GM activated Ping-Pulling

Hey Aaron, The turn marker that sits on the tokens is no longer showing up and the autopull feature only pings the token who is at the top of the turn order. Is there a way to fix this? I attempted to add the original turn marker image in my library by the name of Round, and pulled the URL of the image to add into the script while increasing the version number +0.0.1 in an attempt to update the schema. However, this still hasn't worked.  Is this a known bug or something I can do to rip out of my game in a full uninstall and reinstall?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Well, that's weird.  It just stopped working?  Are there any errors in the API console? To force the image to be replaced, you'd edit the url then bump the schemaVersion to force it to rebuild the state entry.
Aaron this happened in one of the two campaigns I use as well. Everything seems to work properly, the image is even in the upper left hand corner of the map still, it simply doesn't move to the person whose turn it is. ... on my other campaign it works fine. ... 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
 Weird.  I suppose if either of you would like to send me a game invite, I can jump in and take a look.
I'm following this closely as I seem to have had this pop up in my campaign as well. The wheel just hangs out in upper left of map.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Did this just start this week?  I made changes to a bunch of scripts, very possible I broke something...

Edited 1491511502
Hmmm, I'm thinking it might have been before this week. Though I didn't really pay attention last Friday I was going with the flow. Weird, I get it to work on one page but not another. I deleted the scripted and then put it back, thought maybe that might fix it up.
Just for help... I went and tested my campaign and i find it to be working... However, I tried to use  toggle-rotate -- with  toggle-rotate,  toggle-rotate --on  toggle-rotate -- on and with and without a token selected and can't figure out hot to get that one to work.  And then my last question would be .. why does each one say all at the bottom?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The syntax on TurnMarker1 is a bit old.  Should be: !tm toggle-animations !tm toggle-rotate to get rotation going from scratch.  check !tm to be sure of what the current state is. the All at the bottom means that all players have control of the character.
Ah ok.. That makes sense.  :D  Thanks as always Aaron!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Jon R. said: Hey Aaron, The turn marker that sits on the tokens is no longer showing up and the autopull feature only pings the token who is at the top of the turn order. Is there a way to fix this? I attempted to add the original turn marker image in my library by the name of Round, and pulled the URL of the image to add into the script while increasing the version number +0.0.1 in an attempt to update the schema. However, this still hasn't worked.  Is this a known bug or something I can do to rip out of my game in a full uninstall and reinstall? Gary W. said: Aaron this happened in one of the two campaigns I use as well. Everything seems to work properly, the image is even in the upper left hand corner of the map still, it simply doesn't move to the person whose turn it is. ... on my other campaign it works fine. ...  So, I'm on Gary's game right now.  It's working fine for me.  Is it possible that the tokens you have in the turn order are not on the current page?  That would cause some weird behavior.
That is truly wierd. I just popped on. Only have tokens in the turn order that are map- getting the ping pull to characters but no turn marker image. 
I know what is up- this isn't my game, I was on a different page then the player tab!  
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, good. =D  Glad that's sorted out.  Let me know if there are any other issues.
Earlier in the thread, Tox mentioned a script he used to auto-delete dead tokens from the turn order, is that something that could be worked into this script?  I'm also using TempHPandStatus script to automate the dead status, in case that matters.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It could be!  I've played with that concept a bit. What I've run into is it's annoying when it happens to PCs. Probably having some sort of restore option or ignoring PCs is needed. Thoughts?
Hm...yes, that would be annoying.  There's also the possibility of accidentally removing too many HP, then having to reroll initiative, etc...I think the restore option would be best (popup button whispered to the GM?), and maybe configurable options with the default being to NOT remove PCs (since they still need to make those death saving throws in 5e).
I would just plain ignore PCs. If your turn order is littered with dead pc's it is going to end soon. While you are still playing they need to make their death throws on their turn. A restore option would be great for mobs. Maybe a button on the bottom of the turn order that lets you view everything deleted from the turn order this combat and restore it. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm thinking: Use the same detection as GroupInitiative for if someone is a PC and don't remove them. Label dead monsters with (dead) or similar in the turn order. Remove dead monsters on their turn, but whisper a restore button to the GM. And some configuration around all of that.
That sounds great!
The Aaron said: I'm thinking: Use the same detection as GroupInitiative for if someone is a PC and don't remove them. Label dead monsters with (dead) or similar in the turn order. Remove dead monsters on their turn, but whisper a restore button to the GM. And some configuration around all of that. This is awesome stuff.
I really like the ping pulling that this offers and you would win me over from Trackerjacker if you would consider the following: -Manual start button for the script so it does not announce dummy turns when everyone is rolling their initiative and only starts tracking when the GM decides so. It would be best if everyone rolled their initiatives through group initiative but in my games the players roll their own and I use group initiative for the monsters. -Status tracking, even if at the simplest form of counting down. That being said, if you do have another method or script to tack the status effects then I would be all game for switching over.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I want to do those things as well.  Likely would do StatusTracker as a separate script but with events and registrations to work with the others.
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I have been working on it on and off for a long time, but my StatusTracker script should be ready in the forseeable future. 

Edited 1492049863
Is there a way to get rid of the marker below the token?  I was hoping to just use the aura animation (if they work, they don't appear to).  Also is there a way to rotate certain token images represented in the turn order?  We're using an angle with our vision which requires the tokens to all be defaulted to looking up.  So it looks wonky on the read out.  Which I have some players using the traditional circular portrait and some with the kind shown below. Perhaps a way to show character picture instead of just token for players? Maybe something that checks GM Notes?  -rotate in GM Notes to cause it to rotate the token in the output?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Which marker did you want to get rid of?  Showing character portraits is a good idea.  Usually, people flip horizontal and flip vertical on a token so they face the right way for the light, so it isn't a problem for the chat display.   !token-mod {{ --on fliph flipv --set rotation|180 }}  
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Chris D. said: I have been working on it on and off for a long time, but my StatusTracker script should be ready in the forseeable future.  There's never enough time for coding, amirite!? =D

Edited 1492052255
The Aaron said: Which marker did you want to get rid of?  Showing character portraits is a good idea.  Usually, people flip horizontal and flip vertical on a token so they face the right way for the light, so it isn't a problem for the chat display.   !token-mod {{ --on fliph flipv --set rotation|180 }}   The strange golden circle under the tokens.  This flipping, is it part of another API token-mod?  Never heard of it before.  Didn't know there was another way to do it. I just noticed the tokens spawn their vision dead center at the top and thought I had to load them all facing up. Or....simple as just making this as an API to solve my issue.
I believe Volomon is speaking of the actual marker that moves underneath the characters to show whose turn it is. 
Ya I feel like with the massive announcement and the pull ping it kind of loses it purpose.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can do the flipping via the UI by right clicking the token. TokenMod just makes it easy to do to whole groups.  The ping pulling only works for the GM. The ping might still shows up for players, but I don't think so.  There isn't a facility for replacing the image built in, but I could talk you through the process if you still want to do it. 

Edited 1492058160
Dude you got to be shitting me, I never even knew that feature was there and I have no idea how long I've been using Roll20.  Though I don't think I've ever needed it till now no ever uses the vision angle thing it's only come up last week. My only question is once I'm done using TurnMarker1 how do you get it to clear the marker?  Do I just have to delete it or am I missing something.  I can figure out how to change the image but I was wondering if something was built in. Actually is the only way to reset the round to 0, the reset button?

Edited 1492058527
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There's a command for it, check the help: !tm --help It's stored in one of the markers bars, so you can change it there as well. 

Edited 1492059407
The Aaron said: There's a command for it, check the help: !tm --help It's stored in one of the markers bars, so you can change it there as well.  Ohh...you know what I must have turned it on by accident.  I thought it wasn't working cause I thought it was suppose to be an animation like a gif or something.  I defaulted to thinking it was suppose to turn on the Auras on the tokens and they would pulse.   It's probably this late hour and lack of sleep.  Cool script! Though it does seem to be keeping track of the rounds even when the turn order is cleared, is there a way to prevent that or autoclear it?  Like reset button seems to call up what I want to reset it to instead of just resetting it.  Just seems like an extra step that slows down the simplicty.
!tm --reset

Edited 1492059947
Ya I guess I could just make that into a macro and place it as a button or write it out.  It just seems like since there's this nice little button on the rounds (reset) that pushing it would be a good way to simplify the process but pushing it has more steps than making a macro with !tm reset in it. Ok so it seems the Marker or Aura is bugged as well.  Even though I turned it off (and it went away for a while) it has returned.  I assume that's what the options !tm toggle-aura-1 (or 2) is.  It keeps coming back and when I clear it, it goes up to the top left of the screen. Maybe some kind of conflict with GroupInit?  Cause even when I clear the turn order with nothing on the map it makes the aura pop up and teleport into the top left.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah, most of when you say Aura, you really mean the Marker Image.  This script was written before the API could delete images.  To keep from having markers all over the place, it instead moves it the GM layer at the top left corner.  I need to rewrite it to just delete the image, but there are so many things vying for my attention...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The reset just resets the turn counter to 0.  The marker will move the the GM layer at the top left corner when the Turn Order is hidden.
Ok all minor stuff really.  Is there a way to replace the marker with say my own marker image?  I imagine I can hunt that part of the script down but want to make sure there's not an eaiser way.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Here is the process to replace the image currently (Apologies up front because it sucks): 1) Have an image in a user library and get its url (when it's in your library, you can bring up the large library modal and right click it to copy the url). 2) Replace where it says max.jpg, min.jpg, original.jpg or whatever with thumb.jpg (keep the same extension, so thumb.png if it's a png) 3) In the script, replace the tokenURL with your own image url from above 4) In the script, change schemaVersion to some larger number. 5) Save the script.
Here's another vote for a way to be able to bring the tracker up to clear it inbetween sessions without it announcing the turn of whoever is on top. I get that some people want to close the tracker and remain in the same combat (do the rest of TM's features work while the tracker is closed?), I agree I wouldn't want to clear the tracker on close or anything. I'm just lazy about clearing it at the end of the battle, but I try to have it clear at the beginning of the next session (I run 2 hour sessions, so frequently there is only one battle).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
How about !group-init --reset
The Aaron said: How about !group-init --reset I have been meaning to check out your Group Initiative script at some point, yes...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Might be --clear ... can't remember.. =D
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, this: !group-init --clear
I just want to thank you, Aaron.  I am in the middle of running a combat with over 100 combatants in the turn order.  Without this script, I wouldn't even consider running each individual creature separately.  Thank you good sir!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sweet!  You're welcome!
The Aaron said: I'm thinking: Use the same detection as GroupInitiative for if someone is a PC and don't remove them. Label dead monsters with (dead) or similar in the turn order. Remove dead monsters on their turn, but whisper a restore button to the GM. And some configuration around all of that. Looking back through some old campaigns, I found a snippet for auto-removal of tokens from the turn order that someone (probably you) wrote for me along the way.  It just removes all tokens from the turn order - no restore or labeling functions.  Would it be easier to modify this, rather than add it to the TurnMarker script? on('ready',function() {     'use strict';     // Threshold to be equal to or less than to get removed     var threshold = 0;      // Activate on a change to the value of bar1     on('change:graphic:bar1_value',function(obj){         var turnorder;         // if the value is below or equal         if( obj.get('bar1_value') <= threshold ){             // grab the current turnorder             turnorder = Campaign().get('turnorder');             // if it's the empty string, then just treat it as an array,              // otherwise decode it as a JSON string into the array of turns             turnorder = ('' === turnorder) ? [] : JSON.parse(turnorder);             // Get a version of it without the token we were activated for             turnorder = _.reject(turnorder, function(i){                 return obj.id === i.id;             });             // encode the array as a JSON string and              // stuff it back in the turnorder property of the Campaign             Campaign().set('turnorder',JSON.stringify(turnorder));         }     }); });