Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What is the process after sheet submission?

Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
So I finally got my sheet done and it works on roll20. I set up all the github stuff, submitted the pull request: I just wonder if someone could tell me what the process is after that? This is the first time I have done this (obviously- if you have seen my previous posts) and I'm not sure what I should look out for just in case it comes back with errors or something.  Thanks all, again
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
hi Katie , once the pull request has been submitted then it is up to one of the roll20 team to merge the files you have submitted into the main directory , then the roll20 team pick a time when there is a low level of server activity for the files to sent the the main server , this i find usually happens on a Sunday/Monday/Tuesday depending on the roll20 teams workload Rob
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
So I'll know if it was accepted when it appears on the list of the roll20 directory?  Awesome, thanks very much
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Actually, you should get a notification that the pull request was approved. Then a few days after that, the Roll20 drop down list will be updated. And congrats on becoming a Sheet Author...we need more people like you around. :)
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Thanks. Although I'm nervous that it won't work. I mean the sheet works, but I'm just worried I ballsed up the github process. Hopefully it'll be ok though. It's a pretty simple sheet but I worked super hard on it

Edited 1491952684
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
Generally Github will tell you when you sheet has been accepted. An alternate explanation has been created by yours truly, in the effort to explain the time that is spent.  I had to scour the site for it, but here it is: G V. said: So, this is the first step to make that sheet available to anyone playing an Only War campaign on Roll20. Coal Powered Puppet said: Its like the fifth step. First some one requests the sheet. Second, the some one makes it. Third, aliens invade your house to stop the sheet from existing, and steal your computer. Fourth, sheet authors assemble into a of loose confederation of blaster wielding maniacs (with G V. acting as tactical coordinator and pilot) and we conduct a raid get the lost sheet back. Fifth, it gets pushed to github. Sixth, some time passes as the Roll20 devs conduct strange rituals of coding and data manipulation. Seventh, one of the Devs, usually the most expendable, dares the lower bowels of the complex, alone and unarmed, sneaking passed the two-headed Minotaurs and other guardians to consult the oracles on the subject of the sheet (the dev is given a radio so they can transmit the approval, in case they don't make it back). Eighth, If approved, the devs hit the 'approve' button, and the sheet is merged with the files in the github. Ninth, some more time passes- some really nice men in the government said we're really not suppose to talk about why this time passes, what goes on during this time, and that it definitely did not have anything to do with hidden war against shape-shifting lizards- usually not more than a few days to a week, and the sheet is available on the Roll20 site. (G V. doesn't like the pilot/tactical coordinator thing to get out; he has put that part of his life behind him and only dusts off those skills for sheet recovery, hence the 'first step fiction') Alternatively, The Aaron may have a script all that. But that could be a just rumor.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Katie said: Thanks. Although I'm nervous that it won't work. I mean the sheet works, but I'm just worried I ballsed up the github process. Hopefully it'll be ok though. It's a pretty simple sheet but I worked super hard on it If anything is wrong with your files, Phil will leave a comment on your pull request telling you what needs to be fixed. So don't worry about it now.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Jakob said: If anything is wrong with your files, Phil will leave a comment on your pull request telling you what needs to be fixed. So don't worry about it now. That's good to know. Thank everyone who has helped me and suffered though all my stupid questions doing this (especially where I though the code wasn't working because I didn't put the CSS in) 
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And don't be like me, when you've pushed your stuff to github on a sunday night, announcing to the people interested that the sheet will be available the next wednesday, because usually the Roll20 devs merge on mondays and update the prod on tuesdays ...  That won't be the case this time (murphy's law and all ;) )