Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM Jukebox cuts out randomly

This is an intermittent issue I have been having. While playing Roll20, during games and while I am working on maps, ect. The music will cut off randomly, sometimes before the song has played through once, sometimes playing for a half hour before it gives me trouble, however it is reasonably frequent. I see this maybe 12+ Times over a 7 hour game. In order to get a song to play Again, I need to click a different song, then click that song off, then go back to the original song I was playing. My players have indicated to me that when this happens on my end, that their music never stops. I have two theories as to why this happens. One is simply that the system loses connection with sound cloud, and it doesn't reconnect the respective sound until after you have opened a new song. My second theory is that there is some kind of server side cut off that incorrectly assumes I am inactive, and thus to save bandwidth auto-shuts the music. If you need any more information on this, please let me know. It could certainly be something local to my machine ,and if that is the case fine. I'm tech support for a web-dev company so if you need me to grab console information or anything like that, just let me know and I could dig more into it. ~ PS ~ Roll20 Rocks, so this isn't a complaint. I just want to support the product and help it get better. :)
Gid
Roll20 Team
I've had the same issues. Are you the GM of your campaign where this cut off is happening and have you been able to catch a console error when this happens?

Edited 1385783318
I'm only tech support, so i'm not a console Guru. I just know enough to follow instructions haha. I'll look for them next time, usually the console shows tons of warnings and stuff like that. Is there anything specific i should be looking for. And yes I am a GM. My players don't seem to have this problem as far as I can tell. I usually just restart the music without saying anything.
<a href="http://screencast.com/t/9Pmk0C23S" rel="nofollow">http://screencast.com/t/9Pmk0C23S</a> It just happened. Screenshot of the aftermath, and it looks like I have a console error.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Sorry about this falling through the cracks due to the holiday. I just filed a bug report for this. Thanks for catching that error message!
No problem. Thanks for looking into this at all. Hopefully you guys can figure this out!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Hey Bryan. The Devs took a look into the error you got. Unfortunately that looks like its an error on Soundcloud's end, so there's not much Roll20 can do to help mend that issue outside of what the both of us end up doing already (namely stopping and restarting the playback). Sorry about that.

Edited 1387346522
Hey Kristin. No worries and thanks for looking into it. I was hoping that some kind of auto-stop and restart functionality would be possible, but I understand these things aren't always as simple as they sound. I run like 50 songs, so sometime's it's a pain to shut on and off. I may try to make a Jquery button or something to do this. If i figure out a hacky fix, I'll post it in Scripts. Thanks again for looking into it. Appreciate the quick response.