Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

token overlap, who's on top?

Right now I have my pc and his character sheet but I also have a large size companion with his own character sheet that I sometimes use as a mount. The problem is that the companion token is always in front so i can't even see my pc's token. It would be some much easier if my pc could be the one in front, the dm said he moved the pc to the front and the other one to the back but on my screen it's still the other way around. Anyone know of a way to fix this?
The most recent token to hit the map is on top.
Ok so just delete the companion and then drag it back out, thank you
One additional note: if there are two tokens, one that is owned by you and one that is not owned by you (e.g. controlled by GM or another player), your token will always appear on top for you (but not necessarily for everyone else).
Two things: You can right-click the PC token and select To Front and it will move in front of the companion token (and every other token). Assuming that the DM linked the tokens to a Character, the tokens will keep their relative position to one another every time you drag the character to the screen.  So you'll have to use the To Front every time you drag the token to the map.  (Unless the DM relinks the PC token to the Character after you move it To Front.) Edit:  The information in #1 is wrong.  Thanks, Sky!
Three of Swords said: Two things: You can right-click the PC token and select To Front and it will move in front of the companion token (and every other token). Assuming that the DM linked the tokens to a Character, the tokens will keep their relative position to one another every time you drag the character to the screen.  So you'll have to use the To Front every time you drag the token to the map.  (Unless the DM relinks the PC token to the Character after you move it To Front.) Only the DM has access to the To Front and To Back options.
Sky said: Only the DM has access to the To Front and To Back options. Oops!  I forgot about that.  Thanks!