Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

!Torch vs !Flicker

Ran into this gem (Torch Script) when trying to resolve a D&D 5E character with Darkvision who also lights up under Radiant Consumption (I use Tokenmod for setting a token's vision settings). Another use case would be a paladin with darkvision who also has Sacred Weapon. There are others - light, faerie fire. To my mind, the light visible to others would be steady, not flickering. !Flicker works because of the invisible extra token but then the light flickers rather than giving a steady radiance. Any chance the flickering could be an option? Or have the light from !Torch be applied to an invisible token in the same way? I can understand if it is too much work, it's a great script anyhow.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Definitely possible.  Kryx has been after me to do that for years, I just need to bite the bullet and do it.

Edited 1492536438
Thumbs up. No rush really, we will make do with the flickering. In one of my campaigns I have an archwizard NPC named Thea 'Aron who specializes in spell scrolls - a scriptomancer! Other notable NPCs; Kryx - a mindflayer Lucian - a warlock with a cat familiar Silvyre - a dark elf rogue expert at solving puzzles and finding and disarming traps More are in the works. I need names for a shadowdragon, a djinn and a Yuan-ti high priest(ess). But I digress...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HAHAHAHAHA, nice! =D  I played a mage in a Dungeon World game for a while named T'zarn. =D