Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Inform Users of a Change to Sheets or Scripts

AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
I wonder if there is a way we could inform players or GMs that are using a specific Script or  Sheet that changes has been done and then refer them to a forum page on discussions for the change? I recently made some changes to various sheets and created a discussion topic on it and commented on bug fix on github, but everyone missed it I think.   Also some of the features that could be added, people would not know about as it is hidden (worker scripts) and other changes may be visible but people might not understand it or agree with it. In the end we are trying to build a better community and investing time and effort to update scripts and sheets for everyone to enjoy so it would be nice if we could let users of the script/sheet know before hand that we want to make changes and what the changes will be and how it will effect them. Obviously we always test changes to make sure it does not break existing characters. But that is just part of how a change can impact on a game.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .