Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Earthdawn 4E] Power Cards initiative tracker

Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
Strange thing happened after my session last Wednesday night.  The next day, I was testing out some things, and realized that my initiative buttons were no longer adding to the Turn Tracker.  The rolls seem to be working fine, except for adding to the tracker.  There hasn't been any change to the code on my end in a few months. Here's a copy of the macro using Power Cards version 3.2.23 !power {{ --format|grey --titlefont|arial --titlefontsize|16px --bodyfontsize|12px --charid|@{character_id} --name|**@{Name} Initiative** --Step|[[ ?{Step|@{DexStep}+@{DexMod}+@{InitMod}-@{ArmorMod}-@{Wounds}} ]] + [[ ?{Karma #|0} ]] Karma, [[ ?{Strain #|0} ]] Strain --Rolled|**[[ [TRKR] [[{1e3, 8}<[[{?{Step} - 11, 0}kh1 % 11]] + floor([[{?{Step} - 11, 0}kh1]] / 11)]]d20! + [[{2, 4, 5, 6, 7}=[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1 % 11]] + {1, 3}=[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1]] + {1e3, 3}=[[{?{Step} - 11, 0}kh1 % 11]] * 2]]d[[{{(?{Step} - 1) * 2, 4}kh1, {12} }kl1]]! + [[{1e3, 8}<[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1]] * (1 - {3, 6, 10}=[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1 % 11]] + {1, 4, 8}=[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1 % 11]])]]d[[10 - {4, 5, 8, 9}=[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1 % 11]] * 4]]! + [[{1e3, 8}<[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1]] * ({0, 5, 7, 9}=[[{?{Step}, 1}kh1 % 11]] + 2 * {6, 10}=[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1 % 11]])]]d8! - [[{1, 2}=[[{?{Step}, 0}kh1]] * (3 - [[{?{Step}, 0}kh1]])]] + ?{Karma #}d@{KarmaDie}! ]]** }} !modattr {{ --silent --charid @{character_id} --Karma|-?{Karma #} --Uncon|?{Strain #} }}
Try doing a simple add to tracker roll and see if that still works. Something like [[ [TRKR] 1d20 ]] and then let me know.
Also, double check to make sure you don't have the turn order tracker open on another map.
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Sky. I pared it down to the following code, and it's still not adding to the Turn Tracker (the power card is showing up fine).  However, if the Tracker is closed, it will open up after hitting the macro, but the result will not be there. !power {{ --format|grey --titlefont|arial --titlefontsize|16px --bodyfontsize|12px --charid|@{character_id} --name|**@{Name} Initiative** --Rolled|**[[ [TRKR] 1d20 ]]** }} Oddly, this seems to be local to the game that I'm running only.  I just created a new game from scratch, installed everything, and it seems to work fine.
Try reinstalling powercards and disable any other scripts you have running. Then add them one at a time until it fails.
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
Done.  The previous script (**[[ [TRKR] 1d20 ]]**) failed on first try (only Power Cards running).
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
I played around with the script.  By deleting the CharID line, I was able to get it to work, but it used my login name instead of the character I'm rolling for.
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
To be clear, the above is not a total fix.   While it is activating the tracker, the name in the tracker is the Player ID, not the character name.  That means that all the NPC's show up as "GM NAME" on the tracker.
You could try updating to a more recent version of powercards.
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
That was the first thing I did to troubleshoot the issue.  :)
I can't replicate your issue on my end. It added just fine for me.
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
Neither can I, it seems to be an issue with that game only. Thanks for the attempts.
You could create a quick script to completely wipe out the turn order object on every page and see if that resets things.
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, I was finally able to duplicate the issue.   I was creating a whole new game from scratch, and transferring characters from the old game via Character Vault.  I only have 3 maps so far, and I brought the tokens for the PC's into one map.  And suddenly I'm getting the error again. Sky said: You could create a quick script to completely wipe out the turn order object on every page and see if that resets things. I'm afraid I have no idea how to do that.  I suppose I could go through all the maps and delete all the tokens.
Hrm, check all the initiative attributes on those characters and see if they have something that might be conflicting with character id.
Dougansf
Pro
Sheet Author
AHA!!!! Because I was editing things as a GM, in-between games, I didn't have the Players Flag on the page I was using for testing. That explains why it was working fine during the game. Thanks for all the help Sky, I'm going to go back to my corner of shame.