Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Compendium] Item Type Labeling

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, Some of the items in the compendium don't seem to be consistently typed. Some examples: Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location is typed as "Amulet" while  Amulet is "Adventuring Gear" and  Amulet of the Planes and  Amulet of Health  are "Wondrous". All being labeles as "Amulet" seems to match rings that are all labeled as "Ring", rods labeled as "Rod", staves labeled as "Staff", and wands labeled as "Wand" Signet ring is labeled as "Adventuring Gear". While things like Alchemist's Fire are labeled by their type instead of the section they appear in the book. Seems Amulet should follow this same pattern Alchemist's Fire is correctly typed as "Ranged Weapon", but  Acid is "Adventuring Gear" Robe of the Archmagi is labeled as +5 AC, when it actually is AC 15. It'd be great if these items could have their type label fixed. I'm sure I missed a few cases too so it'd be nice if the whole item compendium could be checked. Thanks
I will go ahead and write up a ticket for this. Thank you for pointing these out, Kryx!
Gid
Roll20 Team
These entries should be fixed, Kryx. Regarding the labeling for "amulet", "signet ring", "acid", and "Alchemist's Fire"; these items should be filed under "Adventuring Gear". The reason for that is because that's how they're listed in the 5E OGL SRD (we ended up correcting Alchemist's Fire item type to be directing to Adventuring Gear). Likewise, that's why there is no "Amulet" item type. Magical amulets in the SRD are listed under the "Wondrous" type. The "Amulet" entry listed in the Adventuring Gear section of the SRD is referring to the Holy Symbol spell component.