Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game not Loading

For the past two days the game I've been running has not been cooperating and has not loaded properly a single time. Either it'll load and there will be no map, or the map will be extremely blurry, or the map will load fine before the game shortly telling me "My server connection has been interrupted." On top of that, I can't read any of my notes or handouts since none of them load before the server claims I lost connection again. Has anyone else been having this issue? I'm supposed to run a game tomorrow night and I might not be able to if this issue persists. 
Gid
Roll20 Team
Are you seeing this issue in any game you're in (if you create a new game, do the same problems crop up)? Are other players having the same issues in your game? Is the game you're trying to run have a character sheet and have a lot of characters in the Journal tab?
It seems that it's just happening in this one game I'm running. As for other players, I don't think so, and yes there's several character sheets and a lot of handouts/notes.
Gid
Roll20 Team
What's the name of the game you're struggling with?
"Call to Adventure"
Gid
Roll20 Team
I made a copy of your game to look it over. Beyond seeing some 403 forbidden image errors, the game doesn't look like it's gotten too big to play (which can happen if you have a lot of characters created using a heavy character sheet that uses a lot of attributes). When you see blurry images on the Tabletop, that's your browser struggling to swap in one version of your uploaded image with another. When you upload a graphic to the VTT, Roll20 creates various different sized versions of it (thumb, min, max, original), and it will swap these different sizes around depending on what you need. This helps with your browser's processing when displaying content on your screen. So I think we should look into the bare-boned basics to see if there's something wrong client-side. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
Hmm... It seems to have fixed itself. Which is concerning in of itself. Thanks for all the help though!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Glad to hear that it worked out for your game tonight. I'll mark this resolved, but if you run into these issues again, I'd recommend the next step is running through the steps I listed above, including a console log if you're still proceeding on to Step 4.