Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop Down Spell Token Action

I am trying to make a token button that gives me a drop down menu for each level of an NPC mage's spells. So far I have this ?{Cantrips|Choose one:,?{Choose an option|Try again.|Fire Bolt, %{selected|repeating_spell-npc_$0_spell} | Light, %{selected|repeating_spell-npc_$1_spell} |Mage Hand, %{selected|repeating_spell-npc_$2_spell} |Prestidigitation, %{selected|repeating_spell-npc_$3_spell} I get "Try again" and "Fire Bolt" but not the others, also when I select Fire Bolt it runs the %{selected|repeating_spell-npc_$3_spell} instead putting up the spell card template for Prestidigitation. I can't seem to find anything that explains this issue, but my google-fu may not be strong enough.  Also, if it matters I am setting up a NPC spellcasting monster template so I can just duplicate it in the future and change out whatever I need.
Personally, I prefer using roll templates for this rather than queries. Queries can require you to use HTML equivalents, which adds a lot of complexity to otherwise simple macros. Here is one of the macros that I use for spellcasters /w gm &{template:default}{{name=@{selected|character_name} Spellcasting }}{{Spell Save DC @{selected|npc_spelldc}= @{selected|npc_spellattackmod} to hit with spell attacks }}{{Cantrips =[@{repeating_spell-npc_$0_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$0_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$1_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$1_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$2_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$2_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$3_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$3_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$4_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$4_spell) }}{{1st level (4 slots) =[@{repeating_spell-npc_$5_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$5_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$6_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$6_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$7_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$7_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$8_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$8_spell) }}{{2nd level (3 slots) =[@{repeating_spell-npc_$9_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$9_spell) [@{repeating_spell-npc_$10_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$10_spell) }}{{3rd level (2 slots) =[@{repeating_spell-npc_$11_spellname}](~selected|repeating_spell-npc_$11_spell) }}
Awesome! That worked great, now to adapt that to the other things on the template.
Like, what? I have a lot that I might be able to save you some time. For example, saving throws @{wtype} &{template:default}{{name=Saving Throws}}{{Str Save=[[1d20+[[@{npcd_str_mod}*{1@{npc_str_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_str_save}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{npcd_str_mod}*{1@{npcd_str_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_str_save}]]]]}}{{Dex Save=[[1d20+[[@{npcd_dex_mod}*{1@{npc_dex_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_dex_save}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{npcd_dex_mod}*{1@{npcd_dex_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_dex_save}]]]]}}{{Con Save=[[1d20+[[@{npcd_con_mod}*{1@{npc_con_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_con_save}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{npcd_con_mod}*{1@{npcd_con_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_con_save}]]]]}}{{Int Save=[[1d20+[[@{npcd_int_mod}*{1@{npc_int_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_int_save}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{npcd_int_mod}*{1@{npcd_int_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_int_save}]]]]}}{{Wis Save=[[1d20+[[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npc_wis_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_wis_save}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{npcd_wis_mod}*{1@{npcd_wis_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_wis_save}]]]]}}{{Cha Save=[[1d20+[[@{npcd_cha_mod}*{1@{npc_cha_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_cha_save}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{npcd_cha_mod}*{1@{npcd_cha_save}0,0}=10+0@{npcd_cha_save}]]]]}}
Currently I have set up my monster template with attacks, traits, reactions, saves, and skills A second with spells, and a third with spells and legendary actions. How would I change this to work for my PCs?
Here you go @{wtype} &{template:default}{{name=Saving Throws}} {{Str Save=[[1d20+[[@{strength_save_bonus}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{strength_save_bonus}]]]]}} {{Dex Save=[[1d20+[[@{dexterity_save_bonus}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{dexterity_save_bonus}]]]]}} {{Con Save=[[1d20+[[@{constitution_save_bonus}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{constitution_save_bonus}]]]]}} {{Int Save=[[1d20+[[@{intelligence_save_bonus}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{intelligence_save_bonus}]]]]}} {{Wis Save=[[1d20+[[@{wisdom_save_bonus}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{wisdom_save_bonus}]]]]}} {{Cha Save=[[1d20+[[@{charisma_save_bonus}]]]]|[[1d20+[[@{charisma_save_bonus}]]]]}}
Thanks Kyle!