Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pull Request Priority for Sheet Fixes

Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Hi, can anyone tell me how the priority of sheet pull requests is handled for fixes? The sheet is already up and live on roll20 but I submitted a fix almost a week ago that hasn't yet been accepted.  I'm just wondering if there's a priority as other fixes newer than mine have been accepted. The fix I'm trying to impliment is important for one of the playbooks as without it a player won't be able to choose a certain stat for character creation. I'm just nervous in case the request has been lost or something.  Thanks all 
Zargon
Sheet Author
I can't quite say this from experience seeing as I have only seen one thing through a pull request, but from my understanding they generally process all of the pull requests on a weekly basis, Monday I think.
David
Sheet Author
Github is showing your commit was done 5 days ago, that was around the time of the last merge.  Phil was on vacation  the previous week so he had two weeks worth of commits to do. Merges are usually done on Monday or Tuesdays and take a day or two to filter through after that.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
David said: Github is showing your commit was done 5 days ago, that was around the time of the last merge.   There was one done 5 days ago, then I posed another on the same day that hasn't been done yet. That's fine I'll wait until Wednesday and check then. I just don't want any users to be screwed over because they can't put their stats in
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
As mentioned, the devs (Phil) have been fairly consistent on cycling pr's weekly, but occasionally they may take longer.  Roll20 continues to grow and they have recently expanded their staff to accommodate. I'm anticipating we'll see the results of this very soon. FYI: On occasion (meaning if a sheet author has made a Royal mistake...  It happens.) special pull requests have been made and granted by the Roll20 Devs/Repo manager.  I would only make said request if absolutely necessary, and there is no guarantee that they will have the time to do so.  You have been warned. ;-)
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've been in our shoes. Even just now I submitted a PR for a fix but the merge was done 7 hours previously, so it's going to have to wait until the next merge which is probably next week. The biggest thing I can suggest is to test before creating a PR. Get your friends to test. Set up a publicly accessible campaign with your changes on the Dev server with "All Player" editable sheets. Do what you can to avoid needing a fix. It will still happen, especially if it's just you, but try to avoid it in the first place. Just lessons learned from someone who has messed up....