Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Musket Era One Shot or Campaign?

Hello All! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being players for the Coyote Trail Colonial Record RPG. It is set in the age of the American Revolution. Now this might seem like a very narrow genre but I've ran this game one other time and the players had fun. NEW PLAYERS WILL BE ALLOWED :) We won't stick 100% to the historical events, especially if the players manage to change history, but I would like to (if we play a campaign) throw the players into some actual events that happened. You don't need to know the history to enjoy this game. If you are interested in playing then I'd like you to contact me or post below with some information about your character idea and your gaming experience! Also you are free to ask questions down below. The frequency of our game sessions would be Bi-weekly or once a month. That might become more frequent after I am done moving. :P Some Character Ideas to think of: Is your character a loyalist or not? (Loyalist = Loyal to the British) Where did your character grow up? What was your character's Job? Here is the link the book: <a href="http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/23824/Coyote-T" rel="nofollow">http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/23824/Coyote-T</a>... Hope some of you are interested! :) -lil_misfit
Michael B.
Pro
Sheet Author
What time/day of week? If Monday evening/EST (or similar time frame) is being considered, I would be very interested. I'd consider other days/times, but it would be unlikely.
I've never played before and wouldn't be the most knowledgeable of the game, i'm free basically everyday depending on time
Awesome! Glad you two are interested in the game. I'll invite you two to the game so that we can talk about characters and time/day. I'll also post in our game a summary of the "important" rules so that you don't have to buy the book!
Colonial Era is an itch that I've been wanting scratched for a while. I will admit, like Michael it may depend somewhat on what day the game is being run on and at what time. But if you'll have me I'm interested.&nbsp;
Alright so lets talk about the time. During our first "meeting" we'd talk about character ideas and exactly what you guys are looking for in this game like, whether you want a campaign or a one-shot game. I'm in a hectic schedule right now but&nbsp;the weekends (fri-sun) or Wednesday mornings (PST) work well for me. If we do it on Wednesday mornings, depending on how early i'd wake up, I'd be able to run the game for 2-4 hours. ALSO I'd like 4 players as that is always a good number I've found but if 3 is all I can get then I'll take it :) Working on building the maps and "graphics" for the campaign/one-shot right now.

Edited 1493272541
Jay
Pro
I have absolutely 0 experience or knowledge of this system, but the concept sounds interesting. However, 2-4 hours sounds pretty short for a one-shot, especially if some of your players need to learn the system.
Florida, that is only if I host it on a wednesday. If I host it on a Fri,Sat,Sun then I'd be able to do MANY hours (12 if I'd have to).
Still looking for 2 more players for this one-shot game! Once we have the players we can decide a date on when to create the characters.
I'm interested, though I'm kind of in the process of getting involved in a couple of games at the moment so am unsure what times I will be available (and with life and whatnot) so maybe the weekend is best. &nbsp; Can't say I know much about the American Revolution (or remember much about the time period), but I'd be interested in playing a true believer in the Revolution with only vague, ill-thought out ideas about freedom. &nbsp;Not familiar with the game I'm afraid. &nbsp;But I do like the odd historically focused game
Color me interested... I enjoy most historical game and would like to try this one
Alright, So I've got 3 players willing to try it but I've also had a lot of people leave because of time agreement so I'm still wonderin' who want to try the game and WHEN should we create the characters?
If you want to spend one on one time and help set up characters is fine ith me. I'm free most of the time.&nbsp;
Alright, I'm willing to create characters individually. When would you be free?
I'll be free in about 40 mins... would you like to skype?
Umm Kinda busy. What about Tomorrow?
That is fine