Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Create a pool of GMs looking for players and players looking for games

For the beta it could be something as simple as a subforum (maybe with different subforums for each game system?), but it would be great if later on it evolved. I know I could use it and I've seen a couple such discussions spur on the off-topic subforum.
During the Kickstarter discussions I opined that it would be a better plan to make links with one (well, as many as possible) of the existing player/group finding facilities on the Net, such as Nearbygamers.com, RPG.net, etc., rather than duplicating their efforts. But one of my players, a savvy web developer, argues persuasively that it is important to Roll20's long-term continuity to establish a community around it with just such facilities as these. And he would probably know better than I.
Not sure what "Looking for Group" features are in our future, but right now you've got free reign to create as many such threads as you desire in the General/Off-Topic forums. If it overwhelms us, we'll simply make a sub-forum.
Yes, I agree with this feature. Some time ago, I was dreaming of making a web-based VTT myself, and one thing I was thinking was a "Looking for Group" tool that basically lets people recruit players, GMs, and temporary players (to play in one-shot adventures or to replace a regular player that couldnt show up). All backed up with a simple system of listings with search functionality, and some reputation score to know which users/players would be more committed, etc.