Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Does anyone else write reference macros which are called by other macros?

Edited 1386119821
Sam
Sheet Author
I'm curious here, does anyone else write macros who's sole purpose is to be called by other macros? I've recently learned how to do it and it's been amazing. I'd be happy to share some of the things I've been doing if you guys want to see. Edit: I made a post about some of the more helpful macros I use here .
Yes; all my monsters have ability macros called Attackmelee, Attackranged, Attackspecial, and Special which are in turn called by a single set of global macros. That way I only have the 4 buttons on my bar that will trigger whatever selected token's macros.
Sam
Sheet Author
That's awesome. Yeah my characters have REF-Melee-Attack, REF-Melee-Damage, and so my Single attack or Full attack calls those two and it means that if something changes I make the change in one place rather than 10.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Absolutely. I detailed a full list of one of my characters' macros here .
Sam
Sheet Author
Oh that's a good idea Brian, I'll make a list of my macros there.
as a GM I sure do, as a player, not so much.
Brian, I have some questions about your set up, but I'm on my phone so I'll wait til I have my pc to ask em. Sam, I'd love to see the ones you're using if you're in a sharing mood!
Sam
Sheet Author
Yesterday I made a list of some of my macros in the macro tips and tricks thread found here :).