Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Notification When a Game is Deleted or you are Kicked

Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Although it doesn't happen all that often, and I've only experienced it once, that one time was enough. I really think there should be a message when a game you are participating in is deleted or you are kicked by a GM. Although most GMs will not be so cruel, returning to find a game gone without any knowledge at all of why is damned frustrating. Perhaps when kicking someone, a prompt for a message to that user should appear. Perhaps there should also be a prompt for a message explaining why a game is deleted, which is sent to all members of that game. If the GM doesn't want to send their own message, there should at least be a default message sent to the user(s).
I agree.
While I can understand the idea for a player to be notified when a game is no longer available to them to join. A feature like this would cause issues for me as a GM since I am constantly copying games to do some testing for API scripts/macros without cluttering the original game or accidentally changing things that I didn't intend. So I will copy the game (including player settings because I do not want to lose my macros). If this were a feature, my characters would be notified of me kicking them from a game that is a copy of the game that they are in, which may cause unnecessary confusion for them when all I want to do is test something.
Kyle G. said: If this were a feature, my characters would be notified of me kicking them from a game that is a copy of the game that they are in, which may cause unnecessary confusion for them when all I want to do is test something. One suggestion (A suggestion suggestion?) would be to have a check box that would have to be unchecked to not send a notification. It would then give you more granular control of the notifications.
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I feel like a short message is common courtesy and Roll20 could easily facilitate this, but Kyle makes a valid point. I like Erich's solution to this problem.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yes, an option  Erich S. said: One suggestion (A suggestion suggestion?) would be to have a check box that would have to be unchecked to not send a notification. It would then give you more granular control of the notifications. Yeah, an option to be able to be notified would be nice.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .