Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[BUG] Token name shadow

On hex maps with labels active, the names of tokens on the object/token layer are doubled as shown below. This only happens if hex labels are turned on and you have control of the token. The Broken Tower icon is on the token/object layer, but I don't have access to control or edit it. I do have access to the Redhaven and Party tokens and this causes the doubling.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Sky, I'm not able to replicate this on my end. I tried both hex grids and also set up a token where I controlled exclusively and hopped into Player Mode. Can you supply the name of the game that you're seeing this on?
It's not my campaign, but I can set one up later. Did you turn on Hex Labels under page settings? That's the only way the shadow appears.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Sky said: It's not my campaign, but I can set one up later. Did you turn on Hex Labels under page settings? That's the only way the shadow appears. Yeah, I did. Labels with both hex versions. Are you seeing this on Chrome and Firefox or is the issue cropping up with just one of the browsers?
I am seeing it in both Chrome and Firefox, with all extensions disabled. Windows 8. Dynamic lighting settings have no effect on whether or not the shadow appears. It is only when the hex grid labels are checked, regardless of whether the grid is square, hex (v), or hex (h). I have a token set up on my D&D 5e Hexcrawl campaign (Random Encounters page) that shows this issue.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I just hopped into your game and headed over to the Random Encounters page. This is what I'm seeing. I tried switching between the different grids (square, hex v, hex h) and couldn't get the name tags to ghost like they're doing on your screen. I played around with my in-app zoom, and still couldn't get it to replicate on either Firefox or Chrome. Have you tried a cache cleanse yet to see if there's something saved that could be playing haywire with WebGL? It's thinking it's not API related, since if it was, I would likely be seeing it too while logged in as a GM?

Edited 1494792049
You must be logged in as a player, using a token you control. Hex labels have to be turned on. Dynamic lighting must be on. Token must be on the Tokens & Objects layer. This issue has persisted through a completely brand new install of Windows. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10, completely wiping the hard drive.
New screenshot just taken on my Chrome / Win 10 fresh install.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Okay! I was able to see it that time on my client. I ran another test of this in another one of my games and couldn't get this to proc. There must be something with this game in particular that's causing it. Does this also occur on a copy of this game? Have you tried deactivating any of the API scripts you have currently loaded to see if they have any effect on this visual glitch?
Kristin C. said: Okay! I was able to see it that time on my client. I ran another test of this in another one of my games and couldn't get this to proc. There must be something with this game in particular that's causing it. Does this also occur on a copy of this game? Have you tried deactivating any of the API scripts you have currently loaded to see if they have any effect on this visual glitch? This happens in other campaigns that I am just a player in and not the creator. I also went through and disabled all the api scripts, but they shouldn't be able to cause any issues with token names like that. They have no access to the DOM. I also tested it with no extensions in both Firefox and Chrome and get the issue with both.
It also happens in my Crawler's Guild campaign.