Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd seeks 1 player. (Sun 730am MST)

Edited 1494116241
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
NOW FULL Hello, we've got a 4 player +1dm group and are seeking one more player before we start. Having not played curse of strahd is STRONGLY preferred. 18+, please have experience in 5e, voice required please post response in this thread, as opposed to private message (they are harder to keep track of) Party's Current Classes: Paladin, Druid, Warlock, Bard We would prefer someone who's laid back and just looking for some adventure, over those who are more internally character focused. This campaign will not be diving very deeply into the players backstories, and will be more about exploring Barovia and battling Strahd. Players will start at L1, and we have not had our first session yet. We planned to do a pre-game session this sunday (May 7). You would not be required to attend that given the short notice of recruitment, but if you'd be able to make it that'd be awesome. We hope to start by next sunday, and play weekly until Strahd is dead! Then we'll decide what we'd like to do as a group. About me: I will be the DM, my name is Garrett! I've been playing D&D for about 17 years now, and started out as a DM first. I'm 30 years old, and I've played every pen and paper I could get my hands on in that time. Before R20 I played on WebRPG and OpenRPG. While I've mostly run homebrew worlds, I am very excited to try my hand at a module campaign, and hope I can make it a fun experience for all my players Please just post a bit about yourself as it might pertain to the game, and what your expectations might be. This will be a first-post-first-serve basis where I contact people who meet qualifications back in the order by which i received messages from them. Thank you!
Hey my names Matt I'm 29. I've never played this campaign before and was actually looking at it the other day in the local shop thinking I haven't seen it run much on here.I am getting ready to start DMing a campaign for my cousin and some of his buddies and this is one I was considering, I thought it would be nice to try to run it before I DM it just so I can enjoy playing it once without knowing the twists. Anyways I'm currently in a couple groups i play with weekly and would like to get into another one for Sunday mornings. I don't really expect much just some good people looking to have some fun and laughs. Thanks for reading and good luck filling the spot.
Hey, I would be interested in joining your campaign. My name is jacob. I am 20 years old and currently in college for electrical engineering. I have been playing dnd for about 8 months. I generally play spellcasters, but more than willing to pick something that fits with the party.
Hey Brother, my name is Mike. I'm 51 years old and still working full time. I started playing AD&D back in the mid 80s. Advanced to 2nd edition and went to 3rd edition around 2002. I stopped when 3.5 came out, moved around and couldn't find too many groups I guess. I started playing 5e about 2 months ago. I dont really have any experience with Roll20, haven't been able to figure it out yet. I would be interested in playing a Rogue, Cleric or Fighter, but can play what is needed. I work on Sundays so evenings is all I will be available for. Thank you for considering me. Mike  
Hey there Garret, my name is Derek. I'm 31, with a flexible work schedule and never work weekends, so Sunday is a great day to play. I'm on EST so 9:30am is no problem for me. I'm currently in two other games, one on Monday and another on Tuesday, but I can't get enough D&D so would love to pickup a 3rd on Sundays. I would also be able to make your pre-game session tomorrow. I've been playing D&D for almost 1.5-2 years now, all 5e experience. I have a good knowledge of the rules at this point and have played quite a bit since I started, (just jumped in headfirst). I've heard the Curse of Strahd is a gothic/horror-esque type campaign and i'd love to play something like that, being slightly different than the typical D&D setting. My expectations are simple and few. Just looking to play with a DM and players who want to be there, who want to have fun together and who show up for games. Hope to hear from you.
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Thank you guys for applying! We are full now, but I may use this list in the future should a player drop! If you don't wish to be contacted in that event, go ahead and delete your post from here and I won't bug ya. Thanks again!