Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Help with varying damage dice (Pathfinder character sheet)

I'm trying to get a macro working that has a variable damage die that you can pick from a dropdown menu, but I'm having some trouble. I'm using the pathfinder character sheet update 1.5, and ideally would like the macro to be apart of the character sheet (By modifying the macro text) instead of starting from scratch.  I was thinking of doing a workaround by setting all the damages of my attacks to 0d0 and having a query in the damage insert section that did the menu, but the problem with that is that I have weapons of varying damage dice (Some are 1d4, some 1d6, some 1d8).  I don't know how I'd get that to work. My full attack on the character sheet already contains some edits, because the iterative attacks section doesn't support different damage dice, I changed it manually, just inputing the correct number without any variables/queries. Any help on the issue would be appreciated, because I'm pretty stumped right now. I might have to make my own macro for this, but that seems like an even more daunting task.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure if this works for your situation, but assuming damage dice are changing due to size category... size changes are now built-into the sheet.  (to enable: Settings>Attacks>"Adjust damage based on size"), then on each attack you can check "Use Size" and the "Normal Size" selector to adjust the attack's damage dice.

Edited 1494173591
I didn't know about that, thanks! Sadly I have the primal warrior stance from path of war that increases the damage dice of weapons without changing anything else. I guess I could use that and have a buff set that removes everything that the size set other then the damage dice. I'll try that. Edit: Well, that doesn't completely solve the problem I had, but it helped. If I use that I won't need a set of macros for enlarge + stance, but there's still the problem of having multiple damage dice sizes within a full attacks, which won't change. I'll keep trying though.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Size changes on Character Details (Default Size and Size) will adjust your attack/skill mods accordingly, however the weapon size only effects the damage dice of that attack.  Cheers
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
All iterative attacks will use the same damage dice as the primary attack.  You might look at the newly added Dual Wield(Settings>Attacks>Use dual Wield) option as well.  This adds a new Dual Wield sub-section just above the Attacks. Perhaps you can make two attacks linked using the Dual Wield function, each with different damage dice...

Edited 1494200199
Ok, I finally got this working in a way I like. Here's how I did it in case anyone has a similar issue. It's not the most efficient way probably, but it should work. Since the character sheet can now auto calculate damage based on size, I was able to get rid of the whole headache of setting separate attacks for when I was enlarged. That left me with the problem of having three different attack types that would go into a full round, and having varying damage dice depending. To resolve this I basically made a really simplified version of the iterative attacks system. Instead of using the one provided, I made a macro in the abilities tab that pressed the attack button for a single attack for me. (To do this you copy what shows when you hover over the button, in this case  %{selected|repeating_weapon_$X_attack-roll} and replace the selected with the character sheet name and the X next to the $ with the number shown next to the attack itself) A note: I'm using this for primary natural attacks, so things like BAB iterative attacks don't factor in, and there's no minus for attacking multiple times. Because of that I can just make the same roll twice, since they're the same. To do the full attack the text in the abilities menu was %{Monster|repeating_weapon_$7_attack-roll} %{Monster|repeating_weapon_$8_attack-roll} %{Monster|repeating_weapon_$8_attack-roll} %{Monster|repeating_weapon_$9_attack-roll} %{Monster|repeating_weapon_$9_attack-roll} Monster being the character name and 7/8/9 being the attack slot. Note that if you rearrange the attacks that'll probably break, there's probably a way to fix that but I'm not sure how. That solved the issue of having different attacks with varying damage dice being effected by a size change, all the damage dice in the attacks will now be effected if I change the size on the character sheet. The next issue was having the possibility of changing the damage dice on the existing attacks, without changing the overall size. I could probably have spent hours trying to figure out some black magic with the macro text, but in the end I just created a new set of attacks with the updated damage dice.  I created another full attack macro in the abilities tab, the same as the first one only with the $X numbers changed to show different attacks. Now I have two full attack macros that will work for each situation. To further compact that I created a third macro in abilities called Attacks, and I whispered  ability command buttons to myself with the attacks. The format of the buttons is [Full Attack Normal](~Monster|Full-Attack-Normal) with [Full Attack Normal] being the button text. (~Monster| being the sheet name, and |Full-Attack-Normal) being the name of the ability macro in the abilities section. From there I added some other buttons for standard attacks, calling each attack individually, and slapped a template on it, and hopefully it will work. Maybe someone will be able to find the process I used useful in other things.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Size changes on Character Details (Default Size and Size) will adjust your attack/skill mods accordingly, however the weapon size only effects the damage dice of that attack.  Cheers yeah as vince says you can change the size on each weapon separately from character size. it does not adjust to-hit or one or two handedness, just the dice.