Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Shaped Macros

Is there anyway to make it so the macros listed on the sheet allow you to select a token and then hit the macro say for NPCs?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm unsure what you're asking. The macros are tied to a character sheet, not a token. If you need separate tracking for each token you'll need to create a different sheet for each.
The simple answer is link the token to the sheet...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Taking a guess at what you are looking for. The Actions macro from the sheet for say, "Commoner" reads: /w @{Commoner|character_name} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Commoner|character_name}}} @{Commoner|show_character_name} {{title=^{ACTIONS}}} {{text_big=@{Commoner|actions_macro_var}}} to make this work for any selected token that is tied to a character sheet, make a global macro called "Actions" (on your Collections tab) that reads: /w @{selected|character_name} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=^{ACTIONS}}} {{text_big=@{selected|actions_macro_var}}} Make sure you click the option to have it display as a token macro. This will give you the effect of running the macro for any selected token. The button will appear at the upper left of the map area whenever you have a token selected. Basically, take any of the sheet macros, and replace the character name with "selected" will allow the macro to work with any token that represents a character.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If that is indeed what you are looking for, here is what I use for global token macros: %{selected|shaped_statblock} %{selected|shaped_attacks} %{selected|shaped_spells} That will get most abilities into the chat log. You could put a "/w gm " in front of each line to hide the output if you don't have your sheets set for private reporting. I make this available for my players as well as myself, so they don't have to keep their sheets open. Few of them have multiple monitor setups. It does make the chat log a little busy.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: %{selected|shaped_statblock} %{selected|shaped_attacks} %{selected|shaped_spells} These are much more accessible and will work in the future even if I make changes to the base formulas.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
When I first started using the sheet, I didn't know all of the assets available and wound up trying to create them manually. This is much simpler.
Thx Curtis exactly what I was thinking. 
I also like the macros: %{selected|shaped_saving_throw_query} %{selected|shaped_ability_checks_query}