Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Folder-able Macro Bar buttons

Edited 1494660224
Just a thought I had like 3 days ago, so it's not well formulated. But it would be awesome to have a folder type thing the macrobar that you can store macro buttons into. Then if you click the folder a pop shows up near the button that then reveals all the buttons inside of it. It would also be useful to have some kind of Character Sheet attribute where for a macro it's possible to set what folder it defaults to when put into the macro bar, so that way players at least, when dragging macro's into their macrobar would have some default population going on (like spells falling into level1, level2, level3, ect spell folders, defined in the character sheet). I'm working on a prototype of the idea using Tampermonkey and Jquery. I'm thinking to just do something like loop through all the macro names in the bar, and if macro name is formatted with a delimiting pipe character (  folderName|macroName ) you can hit a button on the left hand side that will fold all your macros into folders created dynamically by Jquery. Essentially the user would define the buttons with the folder name combined with the macro name, and then they hit the button added on the left and it sorts everything into folders by moving the buttons into hidden elements. Hitting the button again would recreate the default mode so a user could edit the names and define what folder it's in.   Again not super well thought out, but something I plan to do just because folders would make my life infinitely easier for complex encounters.  Still experimenting. If anyone has any thoughts, either for roll20, or for my Tampermonkey script, definitely let me know! Thanks!
+1, and also to be able to create different sheets in the abilities part of the character sheet, in order to avoid scrolling down dozens of entries. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .