Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shift/double-clicking token does not bring up journal profile consistently

I'm not sure why, but I keep finding that when I try shift/double-clicking on a monster token it does not pop up the profile associated with it (I even made sure to associate the profile to the Default token image), unless I have recently opened the profile manually. Then it seems to work fine. I'm using a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.5) and Chrome browser (Version 31.0.1650.63). Does this shift/doubleclick method still work with minions that share the initial attributes but are disassociated from the profile after dropping their token on the map? I think I feel so nervous about accidentally forgetting to dissociate minion tokens from their template profile (and suddenly finding out that all my minion monsters are suddenly sharing the same HP stat a few rounds into combat, which happened) that I dread setting them up in a way that would allow me to access their template profiles easily with the shift/doubleclick method. Any way to distinguish a unique vs. a generic version of a profile/token association? I'm thinking that if there was a box I could click in a token for "Generic Copy of Profile X" or "Unique Monster" I could rest assured that the stats/bars for all generic token won't all start resetting/following when I give one generic token some damage.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please make sure that the "represents character" field on the token is set to the appropriate Character sheet. If it is, please check the search bar in the Journal tab. Is it blank? If not what is present?
Interesting. Ok. Trying on a different token: I try shift/doubleclicking and get nothing. I open the token options and see that it is set to "Monster X" (both "represents" and "name"). In the search bar in the Journal tab I have the last monster I was working on. A different monster, "Monster Y." Let me try blanking that... Ah, that works! Hm. So the search bar needs to be blank to work. I guess it would be cool to get prompted to wipe the search bar/results when I do the shift/doubleclick method...
Gauss
Forum Champion
I will let the Devs know regarding the search bar problem. Had you previously done a search for "Monster Y"?
This is fixed in Rugged Reroll already.
Yeah, that's why it was in there. As I try different sequences I'm noticing that if I have anything in the search bar the shift/doubleclick does not work. Also, I have to preclick the token before I doubleclick it. Otherwise it seems that the app is thinking (understandably) that, with another token selected from the last doubleclick, as I click once with shift depressed on a 2nd token the app groups the two tokens together. So to bring up a profile I have to deselect the last token and/or click once on the current token before doubleclicking.
Awesome! Thanks guys!