Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token purchase by player GM

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can't quite find the answer to this in the Marketplace wiki. I am the creator of a game to which I promoted one of the players to GM. He wants to purchase tokens to use in an upcoming game. Can he use them in a campaign in which he is the GM but not the creator/owner? I am the only one with a Pro account; he uses a free account. If not, would it be better for him to gift them to me and they would then be available to him within that game?
Im pretty sure you have to be the creator of the Campaign other wise people would give someone GM and they would have access to anything somone else has for free.

Edited 1495579405
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
GHe can use his own resources in any game. &nbsp;He can't use YOUR resources in your game unless you place them on the map first. &nbsp;Being promoted to GM just lets him create objects in your game with those resources. &nbsp;If that makes sense. See 3rd bullet under Can in the Promote to GM section:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#Creator" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#Creator</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Got it. So if he were to buy them for himself, he could use them as he wishes, but if he were to buy them for me, I would have to place them into a map for him to have access to them. Sounds like he should just buy them for himself, then.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Precisely.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, folks!