Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[5e OGL] Noob question, sorry if it exists already

1494676596

Edited 1494676609
In the 5e character sheet, whenever I input an action for an npc, attacks that do damage have a "+0" that is added on after the normal rolls and modifiers. I can't figure out where this is coming from, and would love some insight. Thanks!
1494690768
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Before someone can help you, we need to know which of the three sheets you are using. :) OGL by Roll20 <a href="https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/ogl5e.png" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/ogl5e.png</a> Community Contributed <a href="https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5e.png" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5e.png</a> Shaped <a href="https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5eshaped2.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/sheet-previews/dnd5eshaped2.jpg</a>
Ogl. Sorry, I forgot I opened a thread haha. Thanks!
1495547733

Edited 1495547807
The OGL sheet uses those +0's to prevent rolls from requiring certain fields on the sheet to be filled out. If those +0's were not there some, some rolls would throw errors or fail if a user did not fill out certain fields on the sheet. For example, an NPC's damage roll typically looks like [[@{attack_damage}+0]]. If the attack_damage field on the sheet is not filled out, then that roll becomes [[+0]], which resolves. If this +0 was not there, then the roll would become [[]], which will throw an error and cause the entire damage macro to fail.
Ah, so its a restriction of the macro system, gotcha. I was confused because I thought it was pulling a value from somewhere that I had accidentally entered. It doesn't display the +0 on damage so it's not a visible issue, just wanted to be sure I was entering things correctly. Thanks!