Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mahou Shojou Cultist-Chan and the Magical Black Crusade (due to start early Jan around 1600-1800 UTC)

Edited 1386606578
If you understood the full implications of the title and still thought it was an idea worth checking out I salute your optimism. If you didn't decipher the whole thing, I welcome your curiosity. This game will take the premise of FFG's Black Crusade (conquest and mayhem in the name of Warhammer 40k's gods of Chaos), bend it, break it, fold it over, dye it in bright, cheerful colours and squeeze it into Magical Burst Rewrite, a system based on the genre of Magical Girl manga and anime. Usually Magical Girls fight yokai, oni and youma, the magical cultists probably will fight anything and everything, given the nature of the universe, but preferably the demons of the corpse-god, the angels of death, clad in steel, their breath rank with rotten oaths... And all the other imperial wussies. Inspired by Mr.Culexus' OC "Cultist-Chan", expect all kinds of silly video game and anime tropes and 40k stereotypes played for laughs. Expect 40k angst and gore and magical girl drama, (hopefully not spilling over into narm too often). Also expect heavy player input into the direction and theme of the story, and mild houseruling post-launch. Do not expect scripted adventures. Expect boss battles in the style of 90s JRPGs. All indications of interest considered, must bring sense of humor, must attend reliably, must use voice-chat, no white noise or otherwise bad audio quality. Day of the week to be decided based on applicants. Banned: Furries, tentacle rape, teenage lesbian orgies and any other explicit content beyond massive innuendo and tasteful fades to black and gratuitous blushing and nosebleeds. Anything that makes a fellow player or me go "Get a room!" and mean it. Anything that requires a player getting a room with me. I don't object to someone wanting to play a slaneeshi, but I object to anyone doing so with the sole intention of subjecting the rest of the group to an endless onslaught of fapfics. Depending on how mature the final group is about these things I might relax those bans a little, but for now this is my baseline of filth intolerance.
Color me interested. Might have a few more too, if you're looking for sizable numbers.
If I could get Element, Power and a short Magical Costume description from all interested people, I think I'd be well on my way of gauging how much silliness everyone is in for, and how easy people want their IC real world problem solving to be. If, for example everyone wants to use Elements like Time, Space, the Warp or Boundaries and powers like Teleportation, Mind Control or Divination, then it's a very different game from one where people use Fire, Lightning or Force with powers like Conjure Ramen, Control Weather or Flight.
I'm helluva interested in this. Took part in a magical burst campaign not long ago that sorta fell apart, basically have a character ready from that campaign (it lasted for two sessions). If possible, I could join in along with two other members of that campaign, including the former dm. We managed to create the grimiest and darkest party of magical girls possible, so adapting to the setting should be seamless. As far as the elements go, my character used glass, we also had fire, darkness, and chocolate. I still have a pastebin sheet of mine ready. Big kudos for outright banning player on player mahou lesbianism, as we had elements of that in our campaign and it wasn't pleasant.
Hi, I'm the other player from that. I'm also really interested in joining, agreeing with grusin that basic rules like no weird sex stuff is a really good step in gm-ing this. Had a magical girl based around fire, can adapt backstory and whatnot for the campaign. Essentially a once-nervous pyromaniac that wished to stop fearing fire. The character was a fury-based girl, so she'd be a cultist of Khorne I presume, unless the girls are all cultists of the same chaos god. Still have the sheet somewhere probably. All in all really interested in this, would love to play.
I would be very interested as well! You need any input beforehand? Character ideas? Or will that be discussed in January?

Edited 1386772890
See my second post, please, Michael.
Oh I missed that, sorry. Just a quick question: do we have to play a girl/female character or are males allowed too?
The group is full for now, I will post a notice here should anyone bail.