Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ERROR: Unable to find character to edit

I keep getting this error  in all my games when trying to edit a sheet, sometimes my images dont load and everything is blank its pausing all my games and im not sure what to do... on the page of technical support i cleared my cookies and disabled all unwanted extensions i use chrome and am using win 7 but it still persists... any ideas for my issue?

Edited 1496737917
as a update as trying to fix this my other players say im not logged into game room but i see them and i am logged in, but all my maps, sheets, and handouts wont load text or images I can see rolls and the chat option works but all my work in the game is not showing...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox . Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs . Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
chrome doesnt work as i said ...but firefox does work now... is there no fix for chrome? or am i reserved to just use firefox?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats great that you have a workaround but if you could complete Step 4 above while attempting to load the game in chrome it would help the devs to identify any potential issues with chrome and the VTT. Thanks
huh weird... it looks like chrome works now... idk what i did but its fixed for the moment if it acts up ill be sure to post that info for accuracy
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the update, please do let us know if the issue returns.