Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM View function

If you promote a player to Co-GM status, are they able to use the join as player and join as GM functions in the settings tab?  I am toying with the idea of promoting all players in my campaign to GM status, so they will be able to run their own sessions in the campaign when I am offline.  However, this would destroy the utility of the whisper function and cause game members to see things placed in the GM layer, unless all players (except the one that decides to GM for that session) are able to rejoin as players.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
They have access to those buttons.  I'm actually not sure if the /w gm respects the rejoined as player option.  I'll have to test that... BTW, you can right click the rejoin as player button and copy the link to get a handy bookmark to join the game as a player straight out of the gate.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, I verified, the /w gm properly respects the current state of a player as gm or not, so everything should work fine!
Outstanding! Thanks for taking the time to look into it.  8)