Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copying a Rollable Table

Howdy! Trying so hard to stay positive, but the number of impediments to the most basic tasks is exhausting. Maybe I'm doing this wrong... I have a simple 3d6 "3 to 18" rollable table, with various weights to get the probabilities I want. I need to make four or five more tables with the same number ranges and weights, just need to change the text for each result. No problem, I think, I'll just Transmog the table to a temporary game, make some changes, and copy it back. Except, as you know, when I try to copy it back to the original game, it will only do so if I overwrite the original table because they share the same ID, regardless of name. Is there any way to create a half dozen tables without manually entering each one? I'm glad I don't play a percentile system! :)
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi. The only way that I can think of at the moment is to read the roll items via API from the rollable tables-object and use the createObject-function to create new rollable tables. But I don't think that this would be less effort than copying the tables manually. :/ Greetings
You can look at this thread , which has instructions on creating tables in Excel and importing them using TheAaron's TableExport script (also linked in the thread).  That way, you only need to copy the table and then edit one column of text.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
TableExport's format is pretty simple too, so you might just find exporting the existing table, editing, then reloading to be fast and easy.
Thanks, folks, I'll give that a try.