Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

All Flesh Must Be Eaten - Macro

Hi all, I'm looking for a Macro (or some automated means) to help with the special exploding dice in the All Flesh Must Be Eaten RPG.  All skill tests are done using a d10.  Then, the book says: On a natural 10, the player rolls a D6 and adds it to the result. If a 6 is rolled on the D6, it is added and rolled again, and so on. On a natural 1, the player rolls a D6 and subtracts the result. If a 1 is rolled on the D6, it is subtracted and rolled again, and so on. So using the exclamation point won't work for all of this.  I would first need something senses when a 10 is rolled and then proceeds with an exploding d6.  Also something that senses when 1 is rolled and rolls a "negative" exploding d6 (explodes on a 1 instead of 6) and then subtracts that from the result.
1497204509
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I think you're into API script territory here.  I've written several game mechanics scripts in the past.  What would you need for this one?  I haven't played All Flesh in about a decade...
I'd like a dice roller that queries you for a bonus or penalty and adds that to a d10 roll.  Then, if a natural 10 is rolled add an exploding d6 to the result.  If a natural 1 is rolled on the d10, roll a d6 that explodes on a result of 1 and subtract all that from the d10 result.
1497624733
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There are no modifiers based on skill?
louis r. said: I'd like a dice roller that queries you for a bonus or penalty and adds that to a d10 roll.  Then, if a natural 10 is rolled add an exploding d6 to the result.  If a natural 1 is rolled on the d10, roll a d6 that explodes on a result of 1 and subtract all that from the d10 result. As far as I can tell, this is is not possible with straight html and css.  You could set up a roll template with helper functions to roll an additional die (maybe) upon a one or ten.  Those, however, will not be added to the initial roll.
1497646178

Edited 1497646217
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, this is basically d10 +/- d6! if the d10 was a crit or fumble. A roll template could handle that. If you use 3D dice, you'd always see the d6, but the chat output could hide the d6 if you roll in the 2-9 range on the d10. Edit: The rolltemplate would show the d10 result and the d6! result, you'd have to do the addition/subtraction manually in that case.
Is there a way for the d6 to explode on a roll of 1 instead of a 6?  So if I roll a 1 on d6, it will roll another d6.  If I roll a 1 again, it will roll another d6 and so on? 
1497799180
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
louis r. said: Is there a way for the d6 to explode on a roll of 1 instead of a 6?&nbsp; So if I roll a 1 on d6, it will roll another d6.&nbsp; If I roll a 1 again, it will roll another d6 and so on?&nbsp; /roll 1d6!1 <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Exploding_Dice" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Exploding_Dice</a>