Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to figure out a few things Help please

PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Alright, I know how to link a journal to a click-able link but I am trying to create a click-able link to output text directly into the roll20 chat. I haven't been able to get any command to work that I know of thus far. Second, I am using a random table for a quest where they drink from a fountain of gods and random things happen. I am unable to get a rolled result in the text from a random table. Example: Drinking the water results in a fort save DC 15, or take [[10d10]] acid damage. The bracket text needs to output a number but does not. Is there a way to make that happen.

Edited 1497235789
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The Roll20 chat uses a  cut down version of markdown syntax . The syntax for a link in chat is [Text to Display](URL) . This is also the syntax that the command buttons are based on. For you question about the rollable tables; this is only possible via the API (Pro perk), specifically Aaron's Recursive Tables script.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
What is the URL to the text chat
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, are you trying to make a  journal command button that you can click to output something to chat? Then that is a little different: From the wiki on journal command buttons: Here's how to create a Journal Command Button within one of the aforementioned fields: Insert a link using the link button on the redactor toolbar. At the very start of the "URL" field of the Link Window, type !
 Add in your macro code after the !
 Give your Journal Command Button a label using the "Text" field. Press the "Insert" button and Save Changes; you have created a Journal Command Button! Keep in mind, journal command buttons don't work if you have the journal entry popped out into its own window.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Alright so this is how I am guessing it works ! (/desc BLAH BLAH BLAH)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Would be: !
/desk BLAH BLAH BLAH Look at the linked page, it's clearer. The forum eats HTML entities, so they got stripped from scotts message. 
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks