Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any way to turn a inline roll result into a normal number?

I have [[1+2]] and it turns into 3 obviously, but with the yellow background and hovering text. Is there any way to turn this into a normal 3, without all that?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not without the API, a Pro Level Perk.
Ok, thanks
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Actually, there is, although it will affect any rolls on that same line: [[ [[1+2]] will give  3 instead of the backgrounded number with the hover text. You can hide this extra inline roll bracket by putting it between roll template fields: &{template:default} {{name=Test}} [[  {{Roll=[[1d20+5]]}} {{mod=[[3+2]]}} Will look like:
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Whoa.. Wild!

Edited 1497560291
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
As with most macro things, thank Silvyre. I learned it from one of his posts about a year ago.
Wow, nice, thank you!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Happy Rolling
The Aaron said: Whoa.. Wild! I know, right? Too bad this doesn't work with rollable tables
Would be even better if it could be "turned off" again later. But seems it runs it's course through till the end of the line.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Neat trick. with a custom CSS for the character sheet and custom roll template, it can be done also.